My new video. 75 gallon African Cichlid Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks awesome D...Im pissed at your Yellow peacock...I wanted to see him and he hid the whole time!!!! I think you have a lot of dead spots in your tank. Like all the way right against the glass. Impossible to clean under unless you remove it. I was thinking about your nitrates today. I think the other gravel is the culprit. It holds everything down deep in the bottom. Do you really push your gravel vac deep into the gravel? Vid look awesome though D..

Jmedic25 said:
Looks awesome D...Im pissed at your Yellow peacock...I wanted to see him and he hid the whole time!!!! I think you have a lot of dead spots in your tank. Like all the way right against the glass. Impossible to clean under unless you remove it. I was thinking about your nitrates today. I think the other gravel is the culprit. It holds everything down deep in the bottom. Do you really push your gravel vac deep into the gravel? Vid look awesome though D..

Thanks brother, what can I do for the dead spots? PH? Also no I don't really dig deep. Guess I should start huh?

Jmedic25 said:
Also how did you dry your DW and anubias before gluing?

I didn't lol. Just put the gel on the plant and stuck it in the tank. Held for a few and done.

Awesome tip on the glue...Im going to try it.

Well thats your problem then.....All the crap you didnt get on your gravel vacs is now sitting at the bottom of your tank underneath the gravel...When you change your water next time jam that sucker down until you hit the bottom of the tank. You will be amazed and disgusted what you get up....As for the refrence to dead spots it just means places where no flow is. Detritus collects and just sits. Try to minimize dead spots with flow. BTW Thats why im not a fan of gravel....To dam dirty!

Also get ma a video of that yellow beast!!!! I just put 4 small peacocks in my tank last week. They are all juvis so im not sure what I have yet. I ordered Aulonacara Jacobfreibergi...We will see what I got LMAO!

Jmedic25 said:
Awesome tip on the glue...Im going to try it.

Well thats your problem then.....All the crap you didnt get on your gravel vacs is now sitting at the bottom of your tank underneath the gravel...When you change your water next time jam that sucker down until you hit the bottom of the tank. You will be amazed and disgusted what you get up....As for the refrence to dead spots it just means places where no flow is. Detritus collects and just sits. Try to minimize dead spots with flow. BTW Thats why im not a fan of gravel....To dam dirty!

Also get ma a video of that yellow beast!!!! I just put 4 small peacocks in my tank last week. They are all juvis so im not sure what I have yet. I ordered Aulonacara Jacobfreibergi...We will see what I got LMAO!

Ok I'll do that. Can't wait do the next water chafe lol. And I'll get ya a nice video of the beast!! I promise. Goodluck with yours!

AndrewsPistol said:

You'll get there, I know you will. And Jess this is NOT a setup for people with bad OCD like us. It drives me crazy and to break it down gives me a breakdown!!

Its hard but I try. I went through hell with this tank and the fish in cycle and THANK GOD for the members here that helped me!! If not for them the tank would have went out the window!! For real!!

Convict2161 said:
You'll get there, I know you will. And Jess this is NOT a setup for people with bad OCD like us. It drives me crazy and to break it down gives me a breakdown!!

Its hard but I try. I went through hell with this tank and the fish in cycle and THANK GOD for the members here that helped me!! If not for them the tank would have went out the window!! For real!!

Yep, mine is hard for me already... Oh that sand :/

Back
Top Bottom