My Oscar was bitten

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeybsmooth

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Oscar was bitten by my Jack and tossed around the tank. I got them apart and the oscar into a tank by himself . But he is swimming sideways. Is there anything that I can do ?

The Oscar is likely just pouting.

I'd keep the water as clean as possible to help prevent a fungal infection from setting in on the JDs wounds.

Caleb

How big are these fish and is there damage on the Oscar

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The Oscar is likely just pouting.

I'd keep the water as clean as possible to help prevent a fungal infection from setting in on the JDs wounds.

Caleb

It's called sulking!!! Geesh...

How big are these fish and is there damage on the Oscar

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app
+1
How bout some pics of said oscar? Any visible signs of damage?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

12034413_10102255532352438_7439281115564236449_o.jpg

His fin is messed up too, but I can not get a shot of that , and I don't want to stress him out any more by moving him. And oddly the Jack is smaller then the Oscar. But the jack was the one doing the bullying .

That's fin rot.. not inflicted by anything other than poor water quality

We need to know all the details, please refer to sick fish sticky.

Daily water changes until its cleared up. Try to keep nitrates under 10. He needs to be in a 75 by him self with pristine water so he heals.

Yep. Waterchanges to the maximum!

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

UPDATE:

He is swimming normally now. I am going to keep him out of his main tank for a little while longer until I am sure that everything will be ok. And I might start feeding everyone more.

UPDATE:

He is swimming normally now. I am going to keep him out of his main tank for a little while longer until I am sure that everything will be ok. And I might start feeding everyone more.

If the O and the JD are the only fish in the tank, then you will want to switch that around. The JD should be in the other tank to give the O a chance to get back into normal routine and not lose his spot in the hierarchy, because if he does he will get beat up worse when you put him back in.

However, if there are multiple bigger Cichlids in there i would just do what you're doing now.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Back
Top Bottom