New life spectrum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I ordered some New Life spectrum Cichlid formula.. the smallest granules and my African cichlids went NUTS over it. I tried several LFS brands and they never really seemed interested but i just wanted to share that they LOVE this stuff.

I was also wondering if maybe i should feed this to my German blue rams? I put some in there and they just kind of watched it sink to the bottom... but now they are picking at the bottom of the tank... lol.

As my fish grow what other formulas do you recommend of this brand? Ive heard its the best cichlid food and they don't leave any leftovers so thats also good for water quality.
tia

What size of pellet did you buy? The stuff I feed my Africans, the rams won't touch because it's too big for them. NLS maes a really small pellet and I feed that to them.

yeah i bought the smallest pellet to start out with.. its definitely small enough for the rams. Although i jus tgot the rams yesterday so they may still need a few days to get comfortable in their new home.

I crush mine to make it smaller. breaks up pretty easilly. other folks soak it to make it softer.

NLS is the best food that i have ever come across.

http://www.cichlid-food-canada.com/

There is a site that you can learn more information about it all. It is the place that I order from (in Canada). It has all the information you will require from granule size to nutritional information.

thanks for the link serlunchbox... ill look into it. I ordered mine from petsolutions.

I order mine from big als but made them match the price from cichlid-food-canada. I love NLS. I crush up the NLS small pellets for the cichlid fry. They gobble it up and leave no leftovers!

order mine from big als but made them match the price from cichlid-food-canada. I love NLS. I crush up the NLS small pellets for the cichlid fry. They gobble it up and leave no leftovers!

ditto, i crush it between two tablespoons.
even if they don't eat it straight away they'll pick on it till it's gone anyway.

Back
Top Bottom