New oscar addition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheOscar

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a young oscar that needed a friend. Needless to say they took to each other immediately.. Hopefully they can both thrive in a 125 peacefully as mature adults.

Attachments

• image-1513682821.jpg
    image-1513682821.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 83
  • image-991525009.jpg
    image-991525009.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 89
I'd move those cories and quick. An Oscar grows FAST and will try to eat anything that will fit in their mouths. If they try and eat a Cory, the barbs in the fins will get stuck and do ridiculous amounts of damage.

Those two oscars look awesome! They will do great in a 125 gallon thank you for being a responsible fish owner when it comes to the oscars! Agreed though move the Cory's quick or they will be a snack.

I actually did shortly after .. The Cory's went to the 40 gal.. My first oscar never even noticed them, but the new one sure did.. I want a good scavenger , I just don't like plecos.. I had a rubber lip , but I just love the energy of the Cory's ..

Look into Featherfin catfish with 2 oscars you are really pretty limited when they reach adult size. I think you could squeak by with a stock of

2 oscars
1- Featherfin catfish or striped Raphael catfish

Ok I'll look into that.. Thanks.. It is limiting having them , but man they are the best fish ever.

That they are! I love my Oscar they are so smart and entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom