Oscars acting lifeless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drew1031

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have two oscars in my tank. One is just laying at the bottom, the other is floating around the top and have moved very little in 3 days. I really don't want to lose these fish. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You'd probably get more responses if you provided more information such as the size of the tank, filtration, temperature, water parameters, feeding and water change schedule, and how long have they been in there.

Oscars display such types of "pouting" behaviors off and on, sometimes for no apparent reason. They're moody fish.
Fresh2o is correct that more info would be helpful though. 3 days is quite a long time for them to display this behavior continuously. That they're both doing it simultaneously would make me worry about problems within their ecosystem. I would probably do a large water change to begin with. And, please, let us know your other info on the tank, water parameters, etc.

Oscars display such types of "pouting" behaviors off and on, sometimes for no apparent reason. They're moody fish.
Fresh2o is correct that more info would be helpful though. 3 days is quite a long time for them to display this behavior continuously. That they're both doing it simultaneously would make me worry about problems within their ecosystem. I would probably do a large water change to begin with. And, please, let us know your other info on the tank, water parameters, etc.

I agree with SherLar something is wrong, Usually this behavior is an early sign of something that can quickly become life threatening. Without any other info I would say it's water conditions of which may have stressed them enough to have ich or some other stress related problem arise. Definitely test water and change at least 50% regardless. Look for white spots also and if present treat for ich asap. When my EBA's did this they had early stages of ich but where fine after several WCs and four days of API super ich treatments.

I agree do a 50% water change minimum. I have raised oscars for years. The behavior is definitely a sign of something wrong with the ecosystem.

Back
Top Bottom