Overstocked??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Italy592

Aquarium Advice FINatic
1 Pair of yellow labs
1 Pair of red empress's
1 male and 2females of red zebras
1 Pair of German red peacock cichlids
1 male and 2 females of Cynotilapia Afra Puulu (Hai Reef)
1 Pair of yellow tail Acei
1 Frontosa

Now I have a 75 gallon tank !! Two Penguin Bio-wheel 350 filters running at all times !!! Two bubble makers for more oxygen and I feed them small amounts twice a day and the tank has 11 caves man made and white sand with a few small live plants as well and I also have fake plants in there as well too. My question is that I want to get pair of Pseudotropheus Socolofi is that smart or not. Am I already over stocked or no ?? Now I know the frontosa is out of its element but it's living quiet well and has been for last 6 months !! But I'm always watching him to take him out if something is happening so I got that covered. So my question is am I overstocked and well they go well with my stock now ??

I honestly don't think you're overstocked in that 75 gallon tank. You've got good filtration going and room for them to swim. I have two penguin 350's on a 55 gallon and swear by those filters. I'm not sure if you can or can't add those extra fish because of their temperament etc. but filtration-wise I don't see it being an issue. Do you have enough hiding spots?

Like I said I have 11 man made caves and passageways I personally add for cichlids !! I read they are mostly content and not aggressive at all but any Cichlid can be so I wanted to see if anyone has personnel experience Or kno about these fish with my fish already in !!

Sorry about my question but when I was responding I had forgotten about what you posted about your caves.

Here's my tank for people that want to see it

Attachments

• image-608678444.jpg
    image-608678444.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 140
You are all good, Dont worry it looks fantastic... Im actually kind of jelous.... Cichlid tanks are supposed to be slightly overstocked anyway... But you are looking golden based on that picture.
My personal opinion i would be careful with that frontosa when it gets a bit bigger.. Personally i would never put one with mbuna but i think thats just a preferance.

Well I know but my friend had fry and got rid of all of them but grew one out than couldn't keep him so i took him I'm am very aware of the risks and problems that could happen but u like the idea of getting the new fish ?

Back
Top Bottom