Plant enthusiasts come hither

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessiicaxrosex3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Recently, all of our plants were in our 55 with Cichlids and were flourishing.(cichlids didnt bother them) Since then, we have added a 125 gallon set up to our collection and moved the plants and some cardinal tetras there. Same care is being provided to the plants in the 125, but the plants are dying off and quick(out of nowhere). Any idea on the cause and/or any advice on restoring them or if its a lost cause? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412131951.994207.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412131969.611492.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412131987.494584.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412132004.127929.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412132016.706303.jpg Leaves are browning, falling off, becoming transparent, etc. Bulb growth was stunned.

Coralife t5 duel light strips 10k, seachem flourite gravel, we were told co2 was a no go because of the cichlids in the tank, so it isn't present right now artificially. Beginners if you cannot tell.

Root tabs are definitely needed. I would suggest using a weak dose of seachem flourish excel every couple of days, along with maybe a little potassium.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

10k spectrum lighting isn't for planted tanks to the best of my knowledge. I believe that's typically for coral. You'd need 6500k lighting. Also plant #2 isn't a true aquatic plant.

Add root tabs, dose excel, comprehensive and iron once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I do think that root tabs would serve much better as they help many plants to "perk up" with a purposeful dose of root starting ferts and often helps combat melting leaves in transplants. I use seachem flourish iron on established tanks when I do maintenance to match levels using ro/di, conditioners and liquid ferts, and it works well, just not as well as root tabs from my own observation.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom