Red Oscar didnt make it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlackMagic

Aquarium Advice Freak
after a long day of work, came home to find my oscar laying on the floor, all dry up, at first i thought it was dead, but than it move, than move again. after washing him up and putting him/her into a smaller tank. he move and swim but hrs later he didnt make it. I was a bit to late, if only i found him sooner.

all my tank doesnt have cover, i dont use them.
been having the fish for months now and thats the 1st time it hop out.

everytime i turn on the light or walk in in the morning she/he swim up to the tank and jump, i see it as a sign of seeing me and being feed.
i think its becuz my lilo bro n his friends keep coming in n out of the fish room and turning on the lights mite have make the fish think its feeding time.

That sucks sorry to hear about this. I have seven tanks running at the momnent and only one has a top due to my killifish jumping out. That's always the first thing i do when I get home is check to make sure no one decided to take a leap.

Too bad about your Oscar. I remember having Oscars in the past and them jumping and banging against the cover many times, I guess if it wasn't for the cover it would have flown right out. I worry with most cichlids, they are very hyper. One fish I always had problems with were Arowanas these guys would find the smallest hole to jump out of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom