Scaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kado

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wondering how often everyone out there make changes to the aqua scaping in their tanks.
And how big the changes are and what affects it may have on the cichlids?
I'm new to this and have a variety of mbunas, peacocks and yellow labs all under 4 inches in my 4foot tank. I've had them in there for about 4 months with a variety of rocks and fake plants and driftwood. They have all claimed a cave or some kind of territory and all seem happy enough but I would really like to change it up a little.
Should I just leave it be or is it ok to move things around a bit?
Cheers for any advice :)

I change.mine every 2 weeks I pull everything out and start fresh (leave the substrate) never have issues with aggresson or.stress that I.can see

Ive heard of folks like nathanden, that change theirs often and have no problems. I change mine only when I want to add a new deco or have a wild hair. With that being said though, I just moved and it was a task from hell moving 5 tanks. My 75 gallon Peacock Cichlid tank went over great but on day two I noticed a floater. upon inspection and removal I discovered that it must have been an agression thing, the poor fish was mauled.
that is the first time I have had any problems though, and I have never did a move before.

Thanks guys I think I'll go ahead with it and see what happens. Might add a couple more fish while I'm at it. Ill keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom