Setting 30 gal tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyWise

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! My husband and I are setting up a 30 gallon tank. We just put in a fluorite substrate with small river rocks. Needless to say, we're waiting for it to settle and cycle. I want to do a cichlid tank and am leaning towards rams. I'm looking for what would make good tank mates. I like lots of movement and color! I think my husband wants to do afr cichlids instead. I'm open to any and all suggestions! Just want to do research while we wait for our tank to cycle. Thanks!

Ciclids are agressive so not to many tank mates look at nano fish theyre pretty cool

Synodontis Catfish (ie. Synodontis Lucipinnis are what I keep with my Africans) are quite beautiful and can live well with Afr. Cichlids if that's the route you decide to go. Make sure to research the species first though as there are over 100. Some are only 3-4 in. full grown, while others will grow over 2 feet long...

Here's a good site to peruse for info, while you kill some of that cycling time ;)

http://www.planetcatfish.com/

I'm really thinking of going with rams. I like German blues, electric blues, and golden but read that I shouldn't mix the different species. How many do y'all suggest I put in there? How many other tank mates? I read on another post that they need to have tetras?

Also, the gouramies! How many of them and can I mix them? So many possibilities! I guess what I'm asking is if I do a mix of rams, tetras, and gouramies how many of each?

Back
Top Bottom