Should I be worried about my JD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camj417

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just notice these markings above her eye ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418702333.961040.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's hard to tell but that may be the start of HLLE.

-What size is the tank?
- Tank mates?
- Water change schedule?
- Water parameters?
- What do you feed/how often?

30 gallons
Female Kenyi female autrus and a jewel
50% twice a week
And I feed them once every night

76 degrees
Ph 7
Nitrite 0
Nitrate is low where it should but hard to get exact number with the test strips

Tetra color crisps but when it's gone I'll be switching to a pellet food

I'm thinking 3 inches

It's very likely that it's indeed the start HLLE due to poor nutrition and the stress of being with incompatible tank mates.

She doesn't seem bothered by them and they don't bother her do you think once I switch her diet to NLS she will get better?

Even if it doesn't seem like they are bothering her they could still be stressing her out. Jacks are pretty timid ( in CA terms), reclusive and like darker setups with subdued lighting which is why they are so colorful.

Switch to NLS and see if her eye heals up. However you'll be looking into an upgrade here pretty soon, then you'll be forced to choose what type of set up you want.

Mixed set ups will work short term but long term it's nothing but trouble and very well can shorten the life's of the fish involved. Jacks can live 10-12 years + if properly cared for.

Ok thank you

Back
Top Bottom