Some someone give me an ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criason

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Local store got him in one of their shipments and no one know what he is. Pretty sure he is one of the African varieties of cichlid but I am not to familiar with them. 20130521_151854[1].jpg

Local store got him in one of their shipments and no one know what he is. Pretty sure he is one of the African varieties of cichlid but I am not to familiar with them.

Female Kenyi or a light demasoni

The shape of his lips look demasoni to me. Thank you very much. I don't think this one would work to well with my Jewel.

Coloring looks kenyi female but stripes and body look demasoni to me. Could it be a stressed demasoni? How big is it?

Not that it will change your decision :cool: , but that is a Demasoni. Male demasoni's max out at 4".

Kenyi & demasoni stripe patterns and breadth are significantly different. (not to mention different mouth structure and other physical differences).

I think a stressed out demasoni too actually. I had one, about two inches the same color. He died just last night actually, so keep an eye on that one.

Back
Top Bottom