spawn and i didn't even know it...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I OFFICIALLY HAVE WIGGLERS!!!!! im gonna hold off on the water change because i stressed the enough by pulling up the pot. Some are still stuck to the sides. Theres way over a hundred
thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):)

i hope they live this time....im soo excited i was like running around yelling OMG I HAVE WIGGLERS! THERES TONS OF THEM LOL

I hope im not being pesty but i looked into the pot with a fashlight after i turned the tank light off. all i saw was HUNDREDS of MADLY WIGGLING tails, and fry making small leaps trying to swim. ahhhh.... their so cute. I really hope they live.
DANG! I GOTTA GO START THE BRINE SHRIMP!

i started the bbs and have left them to tend the young alone theres over a hundred in there!!! i can already tell they are growing (i just peeked in again) the parents are getting used to me.... they seem stronger than they were this morning and more visable...

Omg! This is 5 pages already! It the longest thread I've ever had. YAY!!!! Well anyway I've noticed the female unlike my other one still doesn't lay to her full potential and she still has a slightly round belly... Maybe after so many spawns she has figured out that if she doesn't lay as many the sooner she can spawn again because in the other tank none ever lived. She is pacing herself... Good girl!

I also noticed that she picks them up and tries to spit them back on the roof... But they fall and land back on the ground right on their head. I hope she isn't damaging their tiny little brains and skull...

well she doesnt want them to wander off away from ther protection

i guess its natural some fish fight there own images so they arent the brightest creature in the world

hahaha so true so true. i cant wait for them to become free swimming. i went to go get some pictures when i remeber my camera broke....grrrr at one point i wanted to do like a day to day picture kinda thing. once they move the spawn to a spot out of the pot ill see if my ipod can get a pic but untill then grrrrrr. i am getting my other tanks ready for the arrival of some angelfish. everything is getting exciting in my fish world...

lol that sucks i bet you were like:banghead::facepalm::banghead:... it does rym but anyway good luck

There is a thick line of wigglers from one side of the pot to the other and they have slowly been closing in on the entrance.

The wigglers are still here this mOrning. But I just discovered I'm leaving AGAIN this weekend. How will I get the spawn to survive? The'd be free swimming by then. I'm stumped... It wasnt my choice to be leaving but at least it's only for 1-3 days. I hope not longer. Any suggestions? This is so frustrating! :(

The wigglers seem different today. I added new clean water and fed the parents blood worms and brine shrimp. But the little guys seem different. I can't quite put my finger on it.... Hmmm

I bought some golden pearls and if the fry live I might be able to stay home this weekend. Yay! I really hope they live till then...

I Finaally figured out what's bothering me... There's only about 50 fry left. Still a good numbe but/..

that stink the parents are still getting used to it they will get soon

Back
Top Bottom