Starting a 20 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roydesilva

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any suggestions for some fish for me, I've kept tropical fish before but I wunna get something different and more colourful, so can you suggest something for my new 20 gallon...

for a 20 gallon I believe you could get a couple of German Blue Ram Cichlids, if you are looking for cichlids specifically. Otherwise I can give you other options. And im sure other people could give you more options.

The only other cichlids really fit for a 20 gallon are some shell dweller cichlids that stay small, maybe some dwarf cichlids.

Would I be able to get smaller some electric yellow(yellow lab) cuz I would upgrade the tank once they started to grow ...

If you plan on upgrading yes, labs are fine, if you are planning and going to upgrade you can buy Mbuna African cichlids or different varieties, as long as you have a lot of decor, rock work and decor, once they are bigger they will need a bigger tank, otherwise you could learn the hard way, Africans are aggressive aggressive fish

If you are going to upgrade, then wait until you have the bigger tank for the fish that need the bigger tank. You could get either a German blue ram pair, or apisto pair. Or if you want a community tank, than 1 ram or apisto with some corys and rasbora.

Back
Top Bottom