stocking suggestions for 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dean jones said:
Like the cichlid stones,what size tank please ;-) gonna look BOSS when finished me thinks ;-)

Thanks.. :) its a 55g (48in x13in x 20in ) it could b alil wider bc some of the stuff i wanted to do wouldnt work n i need to add some more caves im just not quite sure how yet bc of the room unless i add to the left side ill figure it out though ..

JimmyG said:
Looking good so far. (y)
What are your plans for a background?

Im tryin to decide if i want to do a plan solid colored background or a rock background. If i do solid it would b blue or black... i think the hubby likes the rocky background .. i like the 3d ones but i really dont have time to make one..im tryin to figure out whats the best time to ship my fish now bc i cant take off until they hire me a sub..unless i pay extra for saturday delivery i might have to wait bc i just dont trust the hubby with my babies..

kjacks said:
Im tryin to decide if i want to do a plan solid colored background or a rock background. If i do solid it would b blue or black... i think the hubby likes the rocky background .. i like the 3d ones but i really dont have time to make one..im tryin to figure out whats the best time to ship my fish now bc i cant take off until they hire me a sub..unless i pay extra for saturday delivery i might have to wait bc i just dont trust the hubby with my babies..

Just a thought...but my son-in-law had some fish shipped and wouldn't be home from work to get them into the tank until after work...about 4-5 hours after arrival. He let the shipper know the situation and was assured that they were packed in a way that they would have plenty of oxygen and be fine for a full 24 hours after expected delivery...due to possible delays in shipping. There was someone at the house to receive the package...and so at least they were still and calm for all that remaining time and not bouncing around on a truck, etc. It kind of gave them a chance to settle and calm from the trip in the dark before the light of sudden day shocked them again. The synodontis cats were fine and dandy when he did get home to handle it....growing fast. :)

I wasn't home when mine was delivered aswell and they was fine. It was winter here and I just asked the baby sitter to bring the boxes inside. It all worked out for me even tho I did worry the whole time I was at work.

Well thats good to know..thanks yall the hubbys on vacation next week so i can order them friday but they wont ship til like monday n arrive weds so itll work out just fine then .. i think im gonna order the vics first..im gonna try n get them all ordered but might have to bust them into 2 groups bc i cant find all the fish at the same place .. shippin costs as much as the fish .. :( im just ready to get the ball rollin my tanks been empty for to long...

Quick question... so far the way we have figured it out i can get 10 fish now then decide what syno or pleco i want and add them .. if i only get 10 now to give me some time to save money for more rock n fish do u think it will b ok or will the aggression b to bad ?

As long as you distract the fish in the tank when you do get other fish ? Meaning changing territories,add new fish at night,you should be ok ? If you add adult africans to your tank,it's likely they will be bullied by other fish ? Adding juveniles,the other adults don't see them as a threat ;-)

Well actually we arent sure we wont more then 10 africans..mayb 15 but ill need more rocks.. im tryin to pick a good number of each to but im not sure ill b able to tell the difference when im pickin fish to know male from female well if they are big enough .. i was gonna drop the labs but the hubby said not happening.. im thinkin 4 neochromis greenwoodi n 4 nyerereis (1m / 3f) .. im havin hard time findin snow whites they r sold out everywhere i have found them. But i wanted 1 of them . Then i wanted electric yellow labs n afra cobue orange back..just not sure how many yet .. i dont really want them to bred though ...thought i would take some good advice n let the vics get some relief.. since im not gonna separate the fry thought we wouldnt have very many if any make it ....i might try n catch the neochromis greenwoodi holdin n put it n a separate tank a few times since they are rare .. but only if i know for sure they are pure ..

Doing big groups along with what dean said you should be fine. There may be a little aggression but more than likely not if adding young not mature Cichlids

Im still stuck ..lol i guess ill do 1 lab, 1 socolofi , 1 afra cobue , 4 neochromis g. , 4 nyerereis ... no i think i want to add 3 r 4 labs....ugh decisions decisions ..

Thought i wouod give a small update.. not much to say still no fish n i changed up my selections again bc all the ones i want i cant seem to get n stock still... but i have emailed daves rare cichlids for a total on price n im gettin syno lucipinnis , neochromis greenwoodi, paralabidochromis chrom. Zue island , pund. Nyererei ruti island, yellow labs, n may jalo reef ..talked it over with the hubby in he said we ould definately have them by christmas no matter what bc im so sick of this empty tank .. considering buyin a 20g to n rehoming my otos n the betta female i had to buy when my male passed. I wanna add something else with the betta bc she is so docile n thinks she is an oto i think.. but my 10g i think is just too small to add more to ..

kjacks said:
Thought i wouod give a small update.. not much to say still no fish n i changed up my selections again bc all the ones i want i cant seem to get n stock still... but i have emailed daves rare cichlids for a total on price n im gettin syno lucipinnis , neochromis greenwoodi, paralabidochromis chrom. Zue island , pund. Nyererei ruti island, yellow labs, n may jalo reef ..talked it over with the hubby in he said we ould definately have them by christmas no matter what bc im so sick of this empty tank .. considering buyin a 20g to n rehoming my otos n the betta female i had to buy when my male passed. I wanna add something else with the betta bc she is so docile n thinks she is an oto i think.. but my 10g i think is just too small to add more to ..

Won't be empty for long :) just got home from work and about to order the bags and heat pack ;)

Andrew McFadden said:
You two are slow I hate waiting lol anyways thanks for the update

Lol... i hate waitin to its killin me .. it seems like everytime im ready to order my fish something happens n i have to use the money for something else or they arent in stock or something.. i think im doomed...lol but our anniversary is next friday so i hopefully have some fish..

Your Boy is lookin good ;) got a refund from PayPal on the bags & heat packs gonna order from Aquabid n get these babes to ya ;)

Attachments

• image-2099991447.jpg
    image-2099991447.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 92
AndrewsPistol said:
Your Boy is lookin good ;) got a refund from PayPal on the bags & heat packs gonna order from Aquabid n get these babes to ya ;)

Aww he is lookin soo good.. cant wait..lol i got my rocks n and im tryin to figure out how i wanna place them to make the most caves n still have room.. im gonna try order my others n have them shipped next week today if i ever catch a break at worklomg enough to call.. i called a couple weeks ago but dave was out of stock on a couple that i wanted n said to call back in a few weeks.. so hopefully i can catch em n stock..

kjacks said:
Aww he is lookin soo good.. cant wait..lol i got my rocks n and im tryin to figure out how i wanna place them to make the most caves n still have room.. im gonna try order my others n have them shipped next week today if i ever catch a break at worklomg enough to call.. i called a couple weeks ago but dave was out of stock on a couple that i wanted n said to call back in a few weeks.. so hopefully i can catch em n stock..

Lets see some pics!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom