stocking suggestions for 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually went back n looked at it umm im not sure what i was lookin at but its not listed under mwanza gulf now...lol i have no clue what i was readin now im curious .. n the females arent yellow..but i typed n the right stuff..gonna bug me til i find it now ...

kjacks said:
Actually found it .. it pulled up paralabidochromis sauvagei...both male n female were pretty..of course the male was amazing n the female was prettier then most..

Have u seen my female Ruti??? Prettier than most female n e things haha... Except for my female P. Elongatus Ornatus :)

Attachments

• image-868022173.jpg
    image-868022173.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 39
She is pretty...i soo should been n bed along time ago i have to get my 4mth old neice tomorrow for most of the day but im to busy lookin up fish still...lol jamie left me n went to bed 2hrs ago...i told him ill b there n 30mins...lol

kjacks said:
She is pretty...i soo should been n bed along time ago i have to get my 4mth old neice tomorrow for most of the day but im to busy lookin up fish still...lol jamie left me n went to bed 2hrs ago...i told him ill b there n 30mins...lol

Lol! Ah, just sneak into bed... Very quietly! He'll never know lol!

Yea k think im gonna slip n now bc im gettin a headache from starrin at this phone all day..its sad when the dog comes n here to see if im ready for bed...lol she looked at me then turned around n went right back to bed..she sleeps beside me so she thinks i should b there when she is ready.. spoiled things...anyway back to fish mayb i should do a all vic tank... im leanin towards more of them bc they r soo pretty...ugh decisions ...what to do what to do...back n forth..lol jamie is like pick a stock list n stick to it .. but its so hard ... :(

kjacks said:
Yea k think im gonna slip n now bc im gettin a headache from starrin at this phone all day..its sad when the dog comes n here to see if im ready for bed...lol she looked at me then turned around n went right back to bed..she sleeps beside me so she thinks i should b there when she is ready.. spoiled things...anyway back to fish mayb i should do a all vic tank... im leanin towards more of them bc they r soo pretty...ugh decisions ...what to do what to do...back n forth..lol jamie is like pick a stock list n stick to it .. but its so hard ... :(

I'm jealous! If I have known about Vic's in the beginning that's what I would have done, that or Tangs!!!

I would have went a different route aswell bit it is what it is now just saying. At least with you your planning a bigger tank. So go for one now and the other later. :)

Andrew McFadden said:
I would have went a different route aswell bit it is what it is now just saying. At least with you your planning a bigger tank. So go for one now and the other later. :)

Yea i considered that too...since jamie helped pick some fish i hate to take all his out n make it all about me ..i really think he is excited about it...

AndrewsPistol said:
If u do vics get some Neochromis greenwoodi or "velvet blacks" pretty fish!!!

I like them too ... i looked at them last night but they r 5in so im thinkin mayb i should put them n a 75g n wait ..i just really want them now..lol

Ughh..all the fish i like have the same coloring and barring as the nyerereis...now my mom is helpin pick fish i took 2hrs explain to her that i cant mix this with that or have this together .. she wants to get a few nyerereis...she wants mwanza gulf,ruti island, umm another on i cant remember then pundamilia nansio bay & paralabidochromis sauvagei (which i luv the male n female of these ) it seems like all the vics i like r too big for my tank or i cant mix together...

kjacks said:
Ughh..all the fish i like have the same coloring and barring as the nyerereis...now my mom is helpin pick fish i took 2hrs explain to her that i cant mix this with that or have this together .. she wants to get a few nyerereis...she wants mwanza gulf,ruti island, umm another on i cant remember then pundamilia nansio bay & paralabidochromis sauvagei (which i luv the male n female of these ) it seems like all the vics i like r too big for my tank or i cant mix together...

Lol its not easy we know lol

Im soo frustrated..lol i just wanna say here pick my fish out n ill buy them .. n thats thats...lol i cant find much info either on vics or a suggested stockin guide..i found 1 chart that looks good but it wont load right on my phone..

Took off so i can get up n go by my stand n stuff..so excited hope petsmart has alot of great sales...lol i had to overome many many trails to get here...lol feels like i have waited forever n its really only been since july..but im finally gettin my tank n i had enough overtime to buy everything for my tank needed includin fish (im waitin on them though wanna cycle my tank n all )

kjacks said:
Took off so i can get up n go by my stand n stuff..so excited hope petsmart has alot of great sales...lol i had to overome many many trails to get here...lol feels like i have waited forever n its really only been since july..but im finally gettin my tank n i had enough overtime to buy everything for my tank needed includin fish (im waitin on them though wanna cycle my tank n all )

That's great can't wait to see it finished ;) let us know if you need help

Petsmart had 1 stand went off sale yesterday of course n it was natural oak but i wanted black to match evrrything else but i couldnt wait so i got it anyway.. didnt have any caribsea substrate.. cause the hubby told me to buy the good stuff...lol then i asked the woman about the omega one cichilid food n some caves or driftwood .. she said they dont carry cichlid stuff bc it doesnt sale...guess im gonna have to order online my food n fish n look at some rocks..

Ya know i dont get how they can sale cichlids n not have the things they need available if someone buys them..thats kinda crazy .. they did say i could prolly drive to the next petsmart which is 2hrs or 3hrs away n they prolly have more stuff..tryin to talk the hubby into going after i get off work in the am ..

kjacks said:
Ya know i dont get how they can sale cichlids n not have the things they need available if someone buys them..thats kinda crazy .. they did say i could prolly drive to the next petsmart which is 2hrs or 3hrs away n they prolly have more stuff..tryin to talk the hubby into going after i get off work in the am ..

I would call first and look online to see if they even carry the stuff. Petsmarts around me don't hardly sell anything for Cichlids just the fish, sand and some food but not what I use.

Last edited:
Yea definately im prolly gonna just order online ... even though i dont wanna wait any more im soo impatient..im still puttin my stock list together bc the options are almost endless...lol

Back
Top Bottom