The color purple?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell_spyder143

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tiger oscar, jack dempsey and convict are starting to get a purple tint to them. Oscar is getting on the bottom jaw when he turns really dark, the jack is getting it on its belly and the convict is getting it almost all over. I cleaned the tank two days ago and did everything right. I check the conditions and its fine. They are acting as they always do so it doesnt seem to be too serious. Could it be the food?

TetraCichlid- Cichlid Flakes

image-2368248161.jpg

Tetra- Baby Shrimp

image-776661707.jpg

cichlid flakes are more for smaller fish i thought... could be wrong.
try switching to Hikari Cichlid Gold, or some form of good quality pellet.
if that makes no difference after like 2 weeks then look at any parameter problems.
has this happened before? did it for the first time show up after the pwc?

Purple can sometimes be a sign of ammonia burns. I'd check your water quality. I would also change to a good sinking pellet like New Life Spectrum, flakes not really up to the job for your big guys.

Borderlesscott said:
Purple can sometimes be a sign of ammonia burns. I'd check your water quality. I would also change to a good sinking pellet like New Life Spectrum, flakes not really up to the job for your big guys.

They are still small right now none are over 2 1/2 inches. But I'll check the ammonia ASAP. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom