What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
garfy said:
I would lose the peacock but the rest should be fine.

The auratus I have was captive bred and is said to have a low agression rating. Do you think that's true?

Auratus is Auratus.Each fish has its individual temprament but in my experience and this is first hand experience they are aggressive fish by nature.
The idea of tank bred being less aggressive just doesn't cut it with me.Sounds like pressure selling.

garfy said:
Auratus is Auratus.Each fish has its individual temprament but in my experience and this is first hand experience they are aggressive fish by nature.
The idea of tank bred being less aggressive just doesn't cut it with me.Sounds like pressure selling.

I agree, I'm going to try and take it back tonight. I'm going to exchange it for something. Any suggestions?

I have a similar stock list and I recently added 3 afras, which I adore. Google them, they're so pretty! I also have a maingano who seems to be full of personality. You have lots of options though!

I'm actually thinking of rehoming my auratus. She's reaching sexual maturity and boy she sure likes to run the show.

christine2012 said:
I have a similar stock list and I recently added 3 afras, which I adore. Google them, they're so pretty! I also have a maingano who seems to be full of personality. You have lots of options though!

I'm actually thinking of rehoming my auratus. She's reaching sexual maturity and boy she sure likes to run the show.

Do you know if PetSmart carries those?

Aquarist1234 said:
They didn't have any red zebras, so I got a bumblebee... big mistake. The guy insisted they would do fine. PetSmart here I come... again.

I have never used petsmart as I don't live in the states but all I keep hearing is how incompetent the staff are.My suggestion would be to research the fish yourself before you buy them.
Take pics of them at the store if you can and post them on here.Plenty of members will ID them and advise you on their temperament.
Bumblebees are extremely aggressive and I would have advised against it.
When you get to petsmart take pics and if you like PM me and I will do my best to help you with your choices.

garfy said:
I have never used petsmart as I don't live in the states but all I keep hearing is how incompetent the staff are.My suggestion would be to research the fish yourself before you buy them.
Take pics of them at the store if you can and post them on here.Plenty of members will ID them and advise you on their temperament.
Bumblebees are extremely aggressive and I would have advised against it.
When you get to petsmart take pics and if you like PM me and I will do my best to help you with your choices.

Ok thanks.

Back
Top Bottom