what kind of cichlid fry is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foxysaving

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So the pet store owner gave me this little guy today and I'm in an arguement with my girlfriend and husband over what kind he is any ideas?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131028_163412.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131028_163412.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 100
  • ForumRunner_20131028_163429.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131028_163429.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 110
  • ForumRunner_20131028_163442.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131028_163442.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 109
Thanks! Would it be something else or are peacock fry the only ones that have that reddish head?

There are dozens of peacock species each one is different and they don't really show colors until they get above 2-3", so colors not great to go off. But by body shape I see a peacock of some sort

Okay thank you :) to be honest I've never owned a cichlid before this would be my first lol

I guess my next question is how will I know if its male or female and since I have it so small right now if he grows up with my tank full will he be more inclined to live peacefully with them once he's bigger? Or will he try to kill everything in the tank?

I guess my next question is how will I know if its male or female and since I have it so small right now if he grows up with my tank full will he be more inclined to live peacefully with them once he's bigger? Or will he try to kill everything in the tank?

Hard to tell until it colors up. What else is in the tank. And it could go either way depending on the peacocks attitude

Clown loaches tetras angels red tail sharks a betta cherry n tiger barb rosa and two plecos

Well when he gets over 5" he will probably beat on some of your fish like the betta and eat your tetras. Peacocks are predators in lake malawi

Well my lil fry is now naerly 2/3 of an inch long he's started gettin darker and has started showing some blue on himself :)

So the pet store owner gave me this little guy today and I'm in an arguement with my girlfriend and husband over what kind he is any ideas?

This maybe off topic but you said with your husband and girlfriend? Lol

No girlfriend I swing both ways lol they enjoy argueing with me about fish all the time :p

Back
Top Bottom