10g nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tilton.s11

Aquarium Advice Activist
A friend of mine is setting up a 10g nano. I am going to help her out with it...& get the experience from it. She bought one of those starter kits, pretty sure it's meant for a freshwater set up...but we'll make it work. It's been running for like 3 weeks. The tank has sand that was dried up & a few lbs of live rock (she is suppose to get more soon). We did a water change 2 weeks ago and put 5 g from my tank & some of my sand to help w/bacteria. Doing another water change next week (she has been gone w/ the National Guard). Eventually it will be a reef tank.

So we need to upgrade the filter, and lights for sure. She has a heater in there and we'll get a power head for current. I've read nano's don't need a skimmer.... am I forgetting anything?

Is the penguin bio-wheel a good filter? I have the marineland emperor on my tank and I like the bio-wheel. Wonder if the brand matters?

I used the penguin filter for about two years on a saltwater it was great.

Any thoughts on a skimmer for the nano? The penguin fliter has been ordered. Next step is more live rock & the waiting game.

I'm using a skimmer rated for a 65 gallon for a 20. I don't need but I had it laying around so I used it. As long as you keep up on WC it won't be needed

Back
Top Bottom