10g Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a crazy looking light. First coral :D The beginning of debt! Wooooooh

What kind of light is that?

It looks cool.

It's a CherryAqua- iNano. I got it at my LFS, because the owner personally has then for all of her nano tanks in and out of store and love them. It's a very new product so it can only be ordered online or special ordered. Anyways, it has 30 light levels of blue and white- 1 being almost off and 30 being full intensity. Also, when you touch the power button (it's all touch, no buttons), it goes into sunrise mode. So over 15 minutes it slowly turns on so it doesn't wreck the fish and corals' natural cycle, and does the same at night with sunset mode. I have mine on an external timer so everything is always the same for them. I really do like it and would recommend it for anybody who is setting up a new nano tank.

Okay and another quick question. I want a coral that my clownfish will host, because we all know an anemone is out of the question. I've helped keep other people's reef tanks so it doesn't have to be a beginners coral, but definitely not an expert's. But also, it can't be too expensive. I'm having a major dilemma! Ideas anybody?

Okay and another quick question. I want a coral that my clownfish will host, because we all know an anemone is out of the question. I've helped keep other people's reef tanks so it doesn't have to be a beginners coral, but definitely not an expert's. But also, it can't be too expensive. I'm having a major dilemma! Ideas anybody?

Clown fish will pretty most host anything. From and coral, corner of the tank and even a water flow if they like it. Theres a lot of techniques to try to get the clown fish to host a specific coral or anemone. Ive tried them all and finding out if i place my anemone to where they sleep works wonders. I have seen them host anemones, frogspawn, torch corals and even the faithful and cheap green star polyps. Good luck

Okay I'll figure something out! But I have a quick question for everyone. I found this little guy on my live rock today, and I don't know what it is! It has clear lines holding a web, kind of like my tiny feather dusters. But it's completely clear! I it just a baby of those popping up? Or is it a pest like aiptasia?

Attachments

• image-4292333597.jpg
    image-4292333597.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 150
  • image-1582213568.jpg
    image-1582213568.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 158
I have them also in my tanks and for the life of me I cant remember what they are called. LOL BUT they are harmless that much I do know :)

So I got a zoa, and I like it a lot. Even though this one isn't colorful, I still like it. So I'm thinking that I will go with mostly a zoa garden. I found a website that has some beautiful zoanthids at pretty good prices! Then I will probably get a Duncan and/or maybe frogspawn. I can't wait for this whole thing to come together! Thanks everyone! Once some of the corals are in place and happy, I'll get some more pictures up.

Attachments

• image-3192973885.jpg
    image-3192973885.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 166
Well I haven't made any new coral progress, but I made a purchase at an LFS for a condy anemone. (Oops). It looks good right now. This is it on day two. Will it be fine in my tank? I have zero knowledge on anemones other than the research I did when I first for this one.

Attachments

• image-2174188009.jpg
    image-2174188009.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 140
  • image-3872902863.jpg
    image-3872902863.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 127
Chances are the clown will not host the Condy. It is not impossible but its not likely. I learned the same thing the other day. Also I don't know how reef safe they are because I read they will sting corals and such when they move around which can kill corals. Can someone confirm this?

Chances are the clown will not host the Condy. It is not impossible but its not likely. I learned the same thing the other day. Also I don't know how reef safe they are because I read they will sting corals and such when they move around which can kill corals. Can someone confirm this?

Yes I have the same question. I read that they're reef safe with caution, so I'm not sure what I will do about this.

Yes anemones can sting corals when they move around and there is not much you can do about it I am afraid. If they are happy they shouldn't move though. What type of clown did you end up getting? A condy is more likely to eat your clown than host it, a bubble tip would be a better choice. Do you have the right lighting to keep it? It's a good looking nem!

I had a condy before and that sucker would not stay still. He wandered around for weeks. I ended up getting rid of it and got a gbta. Bubble tips are awesome.

Yes, a BTA would outgrow a 10g. There are mini anemones but again your clownfish wont host them. Because your tank is still young I would not recommend any anemone at this time, if it was me a would wait until the tank is a bit more mature. Your clowns won't mind, they do not need an anemone ;)

Yes, a BTA would outgrow a 10g. There are mini anemones but again your clownfish wont host them. Because your tank is still young I would not recommend any anemone at this time, if it was me a would wait until the tank is a bit more mature. Your clowns won't mind, they do not need an anemone ;)

Okay that's what I was thinking. But the store will not take the anemone back because it doesn't want to tear it out of its home again. I could bring the whole rock, but it's on my biggest piece of live rock! So I guess my only choice is to wait it out. Are there any methods that I could use to try and get the clown to go inside the anemone? I'm trying pictures but that doesn't seem to be affecting it remotely. It won't leave the corner it's hosting right now to even look!

I talked to my favorite LFS, and they said to get rid of it also. So I guess I will! I'm going to keep it until she gets some small gbta's in. When the gbta gets too big, she said I can safely remove and trade it in for a smaller one. That sounds good to me. But anyways. I thought I would update you guys. I got a hammer and right now my clownfish is more interested in that than the anemone. Good thing!

Attachments

• image-2798904403.jpg
    image-2798904403.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 132
Everything is looking better now. I will contact the LFS to see when they get the BTA's. But I really like the look of my LPS coral... I think I'll get many more of them. Those and Zoe's will be the majority of corals in my tanks. I can't wait for everything to be done! But I'm a little caught up at work and can't get any corals or fish right now. Also I'm getting the firefish once the payments come in. I'll keep you updated!

Back
Top Bottom