16G BowFront --> 29G Reef Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DanS180 said:
Yeah it definitely sucks haha especially when I would love to just turn it into a FOWLR haha

I know how you feel... I've been drawing up plans for a 6-8' SA tank but really want a 6-8' reef. That's outta the question though since I don't have like $10k just laying around lmao

Mrc8858 said:
I know how you feel... I've been drawing up plans for a 6-8' SA tank but really want a 6-8' reef. That's outta the question though since I don't have like $10k just laying around lmao

Lmao exactly! Id have to take out a loan just for the start up haha

Hell the skimmers I've seen for systems that large get insane like $2-$4k! It's sad to say but unless something major happens career wise I don't think ill ever be able to afford more then a 75 gallon reef : /

Mrc8858 said:
Hell the skimmers I've seen for systems that large get insane like $2-$4k! It's sad to say but unless something major happens career wise I don't think ill ever be able to afford more then a 75 gallon reef : /

Yeah I'm pretty sure my 90 is goin to be my biggest SW tank, unless I hit the lottery of course :) haha

DanS180 said:
Yeah I'm pretty sure my 90 is goin to be my biggest SW tank, unless I hit the lottery of course :) haha

Well ya I could say 90 even but I'm not a big fan of tall tanks.. my 46s are too tall lol I can't stand getting my pits wet while working on my tank lmao

Mrc8858 said:
Well ya I could say 90 even but I'm not a big fan of tall tanks.. my 46s are too tall lol I can't stand getting my pits wet while working on my tank lmao

Haha you would hate my 180 then.. whole arm/shoulder soaked when reaching into the back of the tank lol

DanS180 said:
Haha you would hate my 180 then.. whole arm/shoulder soaked when reaching into the back of the tank lol

Well kinda lol 180s are one of my favorite tank dimensions visually but when I build my SA tank I'm keeping it 18" or less

It's not the size of the tank that matters.. It's the love you put in it... But a 300 gal. Or bigger is my dream lol.

Pizza101 said:
It's not the size of the tank that matters.. It's the love you put in it... But a 300 gal. Or bigger is my dream lol.

Can't put a tang in a 46g so size does matter imo unfortunately :'(

yeah and I cant put a foxface or lionfish in a 29g lol but I hear what ur saying... id love to have a gigantic tank, just not gonna happen in this lifetime lol

DanS180 said:
yeah and I cant put a foxface or lionfish in a 29g lol but I hear what ur saying... id love to have a gigantic tank, just not gonna happen in this lifetime lol

You could do a dwarf lion in the 29. Read a lot of threads on it. Just can't have corals or really anything other fish. Maybe one more. I thought about it. Thought about doing it with my cube. I just got a 14 gallon rimless cube and sump in a trade and was thinking about moving my clowns and coral into it.

22engine said:
You could do a dwarf lion in the 29. Read a lot of threads on it. Just can't have corals or really anything other fish. Maybe one more. I thought about it. Thought about doing it with my cube. I just got a 14 gallon rimless cube and sump in a trade and was thinking about moving my clowns and coral into it.

Oh wow, well id rather set up my 90 with a few diff fish.. currently my 29 has about 8 diff corals, 5 fish, conch, hermits and snails

Pizza101 said:
Well if a tang is your choice if fish I'm sure a tank of this size would not have been purchased. So if you want to get a fish like a tang that swims back and forth eating its own poop go for it... A jaw fish would be cool to have ( lots of personality), or even a eyelash blenny can keep you entertained for hours!

That was no call to be rude, and where did you here Tangs eat poo? I'd love to have a tang if I had a saltwater tank, but I probably couldn't afford the proper size tank

emerald76 said:
That was no call to be rude, and where did you here Tangs eat poo? I'd love to have a tang if I had a saltwater tank, but I probably couldn't afford the proper size tank

Lol yeah I never heard of Tangs eating their own poo either hahaha

emerald76 said:

Did you even pull that quote from this thread? I think I missed something lmao

Mrc8858 said:
Did you even pull that quote from this thread? I think I missed something lmao

I did, and once I posted it the poster changed their post.

Back
Top Bottom