16G BowFront --> 29G Reef Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So my tanks been set up for 2 months today. Crazy to think how much I have goin on in this tank right now

DanS180 said:
So my tanks been set up for 2 months today. Crazy to think how much I have goin on in this tank right now

Wait til you hit close to a year and start looking back at your old pics lol :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121022_143846.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121022_143846.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 81
  • ForumRunner_20121022_143919.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121022_143919.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 77
Beengirl said:
Yeah, I was only referring to the purple, actually. Lol. ;)

It's usually the first thing people notice in my tank lol. I have a coraline heaven I guess cause its insane how fast and thick it grows lol

Mrc8858 said:
It's usually the first thing people notice in my tank lol. I have a coraline heaven I guess cause its insane how fast and thick it grows lol

Haha that's insane..

I retested my tank today and I guess I did the magnesium test wrong bc today I got 1200 instead of 1080

DanS180 said:
Haha that's insane..

I retested my tank today and I guess I did the magnesium test wrong bc today I got 1200 instead of 1080

Why do you think you did it wrong? Thought you were in the process of raising it

Mrc8858 said:
Why do you think you did it wrong? Thought you were in the process of raising it

Well I went n got water today and decided to test before doing a wc and that's what I got.. I think I was having trouble determining the end point color the other day lol

That's great. I'm going on five months and don't have near that. I just started to see spots of coralline growing. Hopefully it takes off now. Think it might because I saw one spot on one of my power heads and now about a week later I see it on the other one and on the back wall

DanS180 said:
Here's the very first day! No corals!

Here's today :) how'd I do?

Nice progress in 2 months, looks 100x better with the added rock :)

DanS180 said:
Thank you! I love my lil tank.. :) so glad I decided to give saltwater a try :)

Aren't we all :) I remember the first time it crossed my mind like 8yrs ago but I was so overwhelmed with the startup I just kinda dismissed the idea until I got my own place and a decent paying job and revisited the thought of trying it this time last year and it is one of the best decisions I've made :)

Mrc8858 said:
Aren't we all :) I remember the first time it crossed my mind like 8yrs ago but I was so overwhelmed with the startup I just kinda dismissed the idea until I got my own place and a decent paying job and revisited the thought of trying it this time last year and it is one of the best decisions I've made :)

Most definitely best decision I ever made :) saltwater is just so much more exciting then fresh IMO lol

DanS180 said:
Most definitely best decision I ever made :) saltwater is just so much more exciting then fresh IMO lol

Here here! It's a great hobby for the whole family if you can get them all involved.. Even my three year old helps me get our cleanup crew from the Gulf of Mexico! Great hobby for sure!

Pizza101 said:
Here here! It's a great hobby for the whole family if you can get them all involved.. Even my three year old helps me get our cleanup crew from the Gulf of Mexico! Great hobby for sure!

That's pretty cool.. yeah I keep trying to get my gf into it but she's more of a "oh look its Nemo!!" kind of girl haha

DanS180 said:
That's pretty cool.. yeah I keep trying to get my gf into it but she's more of a "oh look its Nemo!!" kind of girl haha

Lol that's funny! I also get my older two to help with checking perimeters weekly! Lol it's part of there chores...sometimes it's all about delegating.

Back
Top Bottom