16G BowFront --> 29G Reef Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Def need some nass snails. There are awesome. They will eat anything as well. As soon as you start to feed they will all pop out of the sand to eat

Def need some nass snails. There are awesome. They will eat anything as well. As soon as you start to feed they will all pop out of the sand to eat

Yeah I'm gonna go get like 5-6 of them over the weekend probably, I need my sand turned a few times haha

Well I thought she was lol she kept rubbing up against it and swimming thru it. But now she stopped. I've never had a clown host before, does that sound like she's hosting? Or warming up to it?

It could be low alkalinity. Can you check it? If that's not it then look at your other levels. Has your skimmer been running?

It could be low alkalinity. Can you check it? If that's not it then look at your other levels. Has your skimmer been running?

Alk is at 9°… all other levels normal, Mag is a lil low but nothing to be of concern. Just cleaned the whole filter last week, skimmers working 100% again.

Here she is in the flowerpot lol I think the flowerpot hates it

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130114_210154.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130114_210154.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 118
Here she is in the flowerpot lol I think the flowerpot hates it

Just watch how the coral reacts. I have heard that those sometimes don't like to be bothered and will retract. But if it doesn't mind that's cool

Just watch how the coral reacts. I have heard that those sometimes don't like to be bothered and will retract. But if it doesn't mind that's cool

Its retracts sometimes. But it seems like its getting used to it, not retracting as much anymore

I kept a clown with a flowerpot for about two years before the coral got to big for my 30L. If it's healthy it'll be perfectly fine.

I kept a clown with a flowerpot for about two years before the coral got to big for my 30L. If it's healthy it'll be perfectly fine.

Awesome :) I was gonna move the flowerpot to the 90 but then she started hosting so now I just feel bad if I take it away lol

Transfer over everything but the flowerpot and the clown then let it grow as big as the whole 29g. Now that'd be a nice lil display tank since you've got a 90 to play with now lol.

Transfer over everything but the flowerpot and the clown then let it grow as big as the whole 29g. Now that'd be a nice lil display tank since you've got a 90 to play with now lol.

Lmao that would be interesting!! Lol I do wanna move the flowerpot bc its in the corner and the flow is pushing it to one side. Lol Ill probably frag a few corals from the 29 for the 90 eventually :)

Nothing new to really update on this tank. Everyone is healthy and doing great! My red mushroom has gone from being 1 tiny one to about 6-7 decent size mushrooms in a few months time :)

I did take out my green slimer acro, the acans Matt gave me, the green hammer and my Darth maul zoas and moved em all to the 90 for now :) seems like they like that tank better

Off topic but if ur not in the running for the "saltwater picture of the month" please vote for #7. That's me :)

So i just realized i NEVER changed the filter pad in my Skilter 250. Recently, the skimmer has stopped working twice bc the airline got water into it somehow. Should i replace the pad? Last time i cleaned the filter basket out, i just rinsed it off and put it back in there, but its starting to look a little cruddy lol

Back
Top Bottom