20 Long Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can use Instant Ocean, Seachem, Red Sea, DD H2Ocean... I usually mix mine for 24 hours and then check the salinity. You can mix it in the tank the first time if you don't have anything but the water in it.

Looks good! Did you get the two clowns already? Your tank is what I want to do with mine. I have a 20g with the bridgelux led. 2 weeks into my cycle now. What do you have for a CUC?

I just have 1 Percula clown. I have had him for about a year, his name is Meano because he used to bite me anytime I put my hand in the old tank. He seems much happier in this tank and hasn't bit me once. I would like to add another clown I am just worried about it since it has been just him for so long. I thought about adding one when I switched tanks but was worried about a mini cycle(which did end up happening)

For CUC I have about 8 small Nassarius snails, 2 Cerith snails, and a tough little turbo snail that hitchhiked and actually survived the initial cycle in my first tank. Never had any luck with Hermits but I think they are a cool little creature.

I really wish that I would have used new substrate, I got various different opinions on the subject with no clear answer. Going through a diatom bloom right now that I had under control in my old tank months and months ago.

Also, don't buy Petco brand powerheads. I used it to mix up salt once and it is already dead.

I have read nothing but good things about the hydor powerhead and I think they look great.

Myself I'm using a aquaclear 20 powerhead and so far so good. I'm thinking about getting a hydor and using the aquaclear for just mixing.

I have 2 hydor 750's in my 55. Great power heads and I had cheap ones where the arm part would snap. These are good quality. + I like the magnet instead of suction cup.

I love my hydor koralia power heads. I have 2 1500's in my 75 and the flow is very nice.

+1 to hydors. They're one if the bests imo. Tank looks nice I've always thought shallow tanks were the coolest except you can't do much height wise.

Back
Top Bottom