29 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starchar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Working on my second reef tank for the office! Rock, sand, bulbs, new refractometer came in today!

Attachments

• image-1699609109.jpg
    image-1699609109.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 131
So I should be getting lights and going to be converting an AC 70 into a fuge later this week, maybe tomorrow or Thursday depending on shipping. Going to be running a 4bulb T5 fixture with 2 ATI Aquablue Specials and 2 ATI Blue Plus.

Since this is going to be in my office I want to have a showcase fish, something unique, of course I plan on doing coral as well so I need reef safe ideas. :)

New fixture came in although I am going to cycle the tank with the bulbs it came with.

Attachments

• image-1923875681.jpg
    image-1923875681.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 107
following along. I'm also mid 29G build but i've already cycled & have a firefish & CUC getting everything nice and established.

Water mixed and in today. Will likely start with an ammonia source on Monday. Thinking about running a fishless cycle to avoid any unnecessary losses.

Still wondering what I am going to showcase. I am thinking a nice purple tube nem.

So I started cycling today and I feel horrible. I went with a Damsel cycle :*(

I am hoping that the size of the tank vs the size of the fish will mean a successful cycle with no loss. I added a piece of live rock to help seed and setup my AC 70 for filtration (haven't converted over to refugium yet)

Here is a link to some pics! Hope it works.

Work Tank 2

Nice looking tank so far! I started my 29 reef almost 2 months ago and loving it! You could take that purple rock and scrape off the coralline with a knife and then the coralline spores will spread. That will help color up that dry rock.

Back
Top Bottom