29gl new build tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! What is a CUC? How long have u had your tank set up for? Have you put any thing in yours yet? Got some more or the green balls too.

Clean Up Crew. My Biocube 29 has been setup and cycling since the 15 of Dec. I haven't even put my Clean Up Crew in yet. I'm in no hurry and gonna take is super slow to get the best stability. Have u checked all your water parameters?

Try and keep your lights out as much as possible during the cycle to help cut down in the algae. I know that is asking a lot I have sw myself and wanted to id everything.ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae - Nuisance Algae ID Guide this an excellent guide to nuisance algae

For iding little critters and things Chuck's Addiction and Xtalreef - Reef Saltwater Aquarium

While your tank is cycling you can check out some fish Nano Fish
Remember don't overstock because that makes bad things happen faster in small tanks.

Ok thanks for the advise, when do I know the cycle is complete and I can get the clean up crew in?

When your ammonia and nitrates and nitrites are reading Zero it will be safe to add your CUC. It will be hard to keep down the nitrates, just remember to do your weekly water changes of about 5-10%. It's just gonna take some time to cycle, just keep checking your water parameters and keep the lights off. Here is a pic of mine so far

Attachments

• image-49299009.jpg
    image-49299009.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 184
The back of the tank has started to go green now. Have switched all the lights off, can I keep the led on and just keep the tube lights off or should I keep all lights off? Is there any thing else I can do to stop the green algae growing everywhere

That is what they look like to me. Sponges are good.

They have got a tiny bit bigger, lots of feather dusters now. Going to get water tested at the weekend.

Wow. Looks nice and clear! And no algae. I'm still getting rid of that junk. How's your cycle going?
Edit* I forgot you were getting it tested this weekend. :)

Lol! Yes getting tested this weekend, salt levels looking good just my skimmer is seeming a little loud, got some Some feather dusters and lots of pink stuff growing!

image-3634699379.jpg

Just looked in my tank when lights off and I saw a long "tentacle" looked redish quite big coming out of the rock then went back in. Not sure what it was!!!?

Hope so can't see it now! Can you add LR at any point? Not sure what to get of my leves are right CUC,LR or corals?

If your live rock is fully cured you can add anytime with little to no affect. If it isn't fully cured, or if you get it shipped in then it will have die-off, and cause a mini-cycle. Which isn't bad since you have an empty tank.
As far as what to add if your parameters are right, as far as I know you could do clean up crew or corals. I don't guess it would matter.

Back
Top Bottom