29gl new build tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you!! Just can't wait to get some thing even a couple of shrimp in there!!

Any creatures you add will need food. Don't go by what stores recommend. They have no idea what's in your tank. If you have no algae and add a bunch of snails and crabs, you'll have to put algae sheets or something in there for them.
"cleanup crews" are really unnecessary if you are taking good care of your tank. Nothing beats a water change and a mag float.
If you want them in the tank for aesthetics, then add them sparingly.

It's not a star fish, just had the lights off and a long multi coloured, mainly red worm like creature was out, when I put the light on it went straight away! Any ideas anyone!!!???

Bristleworm? Google image it and see if that's it. They are super hitchikers, everytime I've gotten LR I've got them.

I suppose personal opinion, some say bad some say you can leave them. Your LFS will sell a bristle worm trap, I've just left it in my 8g biocube. I do think that some types of fish will eat them. Although I'm not an expert on them. It was my first hitchhiker in my tank and I was super excited just to see something alive in my tank hahahaha

It's not personal opinion. Common bristle worms are good for your tank. they are your free "clean up crew".

that's false information. Common bristle worms will not eat healthy clams, anemones and fish. That's ridiculous even.

mr_X said:
that's false information. Common bristle worms will not eat healthy clams, anemones and fish. That's ridiculous even.

Definitely listen to Mr.X, I have all of those living happily with huge bristle worms. I did have a wheeler's goby that actually ate bristleworms, they were bigger than him. I've also seen them in the same cave with my other goby I had and neither were bothered by the other. If you look at their mouths, it is similar to a snail. It's just a matter if you want them as a cuc in your tank or not.

Just put the light back on and four were out but they go straight away and don't get to see them for long enough to look at their mouths!

I think folks get worms confused. I also think other folks have an ailing coral or dying fish, and walk in when the worms are doing their job and cleaning up the mess, and they get the blame.
Here is a worm I.d. page-
Worm Hitch Hikers

image-1772133619.jpg

Can any one help, started to get these bubbles on my rock and they are every where, can't work out if they are air bubbles or some thing more????....

Back
Top Bottom