29gl new build tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well...I'd say possibly bubble algae...and I'd also be concerned about that little clear growth there. I'd say pest nem, but I have never had one and am far from an expert in them.

HELP!!! in the last hour of me being out of the room this has just happened, the whole inside of the tank is covered in this:::: please help!!!

image-3720790984.jpg

Ok, the clear bubbles look like air bubbles. To my knowledge bubble algae is pretty much just green. Now, as far as what that is on the glass, I don't have a clue. Is it moving? Like some kind of pod, or worm?

They don't look alive they look more like some kind of alge or some thing like that. Not got a clue

All my tests came back excellent so bought 2 cleaner shrimp and 3 red legged crabs, but one of the shrimp after a few hours is not lookin so good, is this normal? Or is he dead?

image-1955329456.jpg

image-2629915504.jpg

Put them in in their bag for 20 min or so then slowly mixed the water, is that the right thing to do? Now the other one not looking so good. And only had them a few hours

They should be drip acclimated. use a piece of airline tubing and tie a knot in it. drape it in the tank and start a siphon. tighten the knot until it's barely dripping out into the bag or bucket with the shrimp.
Is your cycle definitely done? What are your parameters? Salinity?

All the parameters were at 0 or exactly where they needed to be, salt I can't remember but was at the right of what the shop said. I got them in a normal fish bag

Then it was probably a Ph or temperature issue. I would float them for 15 minutes in the bag, then put the contents in a container and drip your tank water in it for another 30, like described above.

Ok well looks like I am going to have to spend some more money!

Back
Top Bottom