5 Gallon Nano??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abugg

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello my AA friends,

I have been toying with the idea of starting a nano reef. I prefer it be in a 5 gallon tank and I have been researching all week. I noticed that some people say skimmers are more of a problem here that of good use.. Yay or nay? I also notice most people say that acrylic tank are good for maintaining tank temps, is this true? And lastly I need to know if there are any cheap 5 gallon tanks seeing as I'm on a tight budget at the moment? Any help would be appreciated.
Ps, I do know that this tank is too small for fish. I plan on keeping mostly sps corals if I can find a light to fit my dimensions that is strong enough to support them. And a small clean-up crew to keep any algae in check.

P.p.s I have a 90 gallon mixed reef already, so I know what I need and what to do. These are just questions I don't know the answer to because the Internet is running me around in circles! So, any advice you guys can give is of great help!

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom