Brand new to this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blakers

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Today I started my 10g nano tank. And Id just like to get some more info to help me out
I got 4 pounds of live rock and a bag of live sand, I believe it was 20lbs
I got a day light lamp for it and the Aquatop PSE1 protein skimmer/ power filter.
Also have the water heater
I have nothing in there now and it has been running for about 5 hours and The water is still cloudy, is this normal?
Here is my tank setup so far

image-983096107.jpg

I've never heard of that filter, but it looks alright. You need a powerhead (I use hydor koralia). You could also use another 5 or 6 pounds of rock. And yes, sometimes it takes a while for the sand to settle down, depending on what type you used. It's looking good though :)

Thanks for the info! I'll get some more live rock at my LFS
This is the filter I got

image-3475765000.jpg

Today I started my 10g nano tank. And Id just like to get some more info to help me out
I got 4 pounds of live rock and a bag of live sand, I believe it was 20lbs
I got a day light lamp for it and the Aquatop PSE1 protein skimmer/ power filter.
Also have the water heater
I have nothing in there now and it has been running for about 5 hours and The water is still cloudy, is this normal?
Here is my tank setup so far

Looks good so far. +1 on adding another 5 or so pounds of LR. You'll want about 1lb per gallon. Its a good sand bed but I would recommend going to 3" to avoid old tank syndrome later on down the line. The water will probably stay cloudy throughout the night and sometimes through the next day. Also +1 on the hydor Koralia fixture. Go with their 225 nano. Great circ pump to start with.

Is this your first SW tank? What Lights are you running? And what are the intentions of the tank (FOWLR or reef)?

Also you prob want to turn your skimmer off until the tank cycles. As you dont want to be removing any waste from the tank at this stage.

hmm I would say leave the skimmer on, it willt ake some time for it to break in and you can use the cycling time to do that. :)

One more question
When should I add corals? It's been 3 weeks today. This too soon?
I'll be home tonight to test my waters

You can pop a mushroom or some Xenia depending on the results of your water test. But those corals are hardy , maybe not the prettiest but hard to kill.

Hello,
I'm new to this website, I have been helping my cousin with his two tanks one which is a 29 gallon tank and the other is a 60 gallon tank. I am interested in purchasing a tank and would like some advice on what fish to begin with .

ChiTownTy said:
You can pop a mushroom or some Xenia depending on the results of your water test. But those corals are hardy , maybe not the prettiest but hard to kill.

There are some pretty mushrooms, and ricordea although technically I think they are anemones

Back
Top Bottom