Finally a Pico!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone know what this brown sphere is? It moves like if you were to hold a plate of jello-kind of jiggly. I've noticed it almost double I size over the past week and now there's another small one on the same rock.

I know there is red slime or whatever in the background, but it's been slowly disappearing.

image-548936599.jpg

Well I found a pseudocorynactis nestled in the middle of my gsp. The gsp are still opening from what I can tell. They aren't all opened anyway when the lights first turn on, so I wont know for sure if is harmful or not until later. I'm not sure whether to kill it or leave in. Opinions?

Wow!! The psuedocorynactis Caribbean (or however it's spelled) are gorgeous! That being said, I don't know if you want to keep it or not. I found this online:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1724891

There seem to be very mixed opinions on them. Some people love them and cherish them, others hate them and sentence them to death. It may depend on which species you have. I've read they are very sticky, have a powerful sting, and can eat fish and coral. Can you take a good picture of it? I'd love to see it.

This place actually sells the orange ball corallimorph for $100.

http://www.tidalgardens.com/pages/coral/pseudocorynactis.html

Holy cow! That is pricy, but beautiful. The ones I have are pink with clear tentacles with white balls at the tips. I have a bunch in my ninety and I love them. I tried to get a picture of them and the one in my pico, but they don't show up on picture. They nestle into crevices and then you can't see them. Thanks for all your help! It would be ideal to remove it and display it, but I don't see that happening without damage to it or the gsp, so I'm not sure what to do.

Holy cow! That is pricy, but beautiful. The ones I have are pink with clear tentacles with white balls at the tips. I have a bunch in my ninety and I love them. I tried to get a picture of them and the one in my pico, but they don't show up on picture. They nestle into crevices and then you can't see them. Thanks for all your help! It would be ideal to remove it and display it, but I don't see that happening without damage to it or the gsp, so I'm not sure what to do.

Yeah, that's tricky. I don't know how you can move it either.

I'll have I leave it and hope for the best. Also, I picked up an acan frag today and am really hoping it does well. Not sure of the name, but it's pretty

image-175872737.jpg

It's tentacles are extending, so that's good.

Picked up some type of red shroom today. It's still acclimating, so I'll post a pic when it's not all shriveled.

He still seems a bit angry, but I'm sure he'll inflate soon. I mean, it's only been day.

image-2844514397.jpg

Thanks! He's no rare variety or anything but I like him. My lfs doesn't have a huge variety and gets a huge order like twice a year, so they usually only have the corals that local people sell to them. I hope he multiplies!

That's what I thought. Do you give yours any special treatment?

Nope. I just put in I spot with lower flow and it's lower in the tank. I understand they don't like high light. Mines in medium light with one part of it a little shaded. Yours looks like it's doing well. How is it today?

Thanks. I'll jut leave him be. He blew off of the rock he was on and is a little ticked off from being moved. He's attached to a few tiny pieces of rubble, so he's not weighted down too much. I re-angled the power head, so I think he's more stable.

Ok so the mushroom opened and is happy gain, but is lopsided. It's not like he got ripped or anything, his mouth is just in a different spot. Any input on what might be happening? I'm thinking maybe he's

image-3273596892.jpg

trying to split. Just a guess though.

Picked up a baby bubble-tip anemone, two mushrooms, and the rock that the anemone is attached to last weekend. The rock had about ten baby shrimps in it and two of them are just under an inch long and are starting to turn red, then the others are pretty small, but they are doing well with the pod population and algae feeding them.

The bubble tip
image-4248543081.jpg

Mushroom 1
image-4290016964.jpg

Mushroom 2
image-781394382.jpg

Thank you! The small bluish one is really a iridescent purple most of the time, but it changes colors a bit. iPhone cameras don't really show the color well. The bubble tip is more open now and eats like a pig for its size.

Back
Top Bottom