Finally a Pico!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you! The small bluish one is really a iridescent purple most of the time, but it changes colors a bit. iPhone cameras don't really show the color well. The bubble tip is more open now and eats like a pig for its size.

That's good news about the nem! I wish iPhone cameras took pictures like some of those super nice cameras. That'd be so awesome.

I know. I was kind of worried that e wouldn't do well, but I think he's happy considering that he hasn't moved. I hope he doesn't eat the baby shrimps! Yikes!

Picked up a digi and a hydnophora yesterday. The hydnophora is a bit damaged because it was broken off of the main colony and lying on the bottom of the tank. The digi was also looking bad with a tip broken off and didn't have much polyp extension because it was on the bottom of the tank in the sand, so I got them pretty cheap. I acclimated last night and this morning the digi has all of it's polyps open and is looking nice. The hydnophora is partially open, but still a little deflated. I have them at the highest part of the rock work to get as much light as possible. Hopefully they'll recover! I'll upload pics later.

That's awesome! I'm going to have to look them up. I don't know what they are! Lol! I'm glad they are doing better in your tank! Looking forward to photos. :)

Thank you! The digi should color up a bit, and te hydnophora should puff up and extend polyps.

Picked up a solar paly polyp and some blue sympodiom today! I'll post pics when they open.

Here's the blue sympodium!

image-3692170912.jpg

Sorry it took so long. Everything's going well. Current stock is,
•3 mushrooms of some sort (there's a baby forming underneath one)
•9 headed candy cane
•GSP
•Tiny Kenya tree frag in the back
•Digi frag
•Hydnophora frag
•Blue sympodiom frag
•GBTA
•3 limpets
•1 astrea snail
•1 dwarf cerinth snail
•1 blue leg hermit crab
•Tons of mysid shrimps
•Tons of colonista snails
•Volunteer sponges & feather dusters

Hello buddy!! Hey how do you keep your anemone, i have a 5 gallons and i want to keep a baby bubble tip anemone too, but i heard than anemones needs bigger aquariums?? So how it you do it??

Well I don't really do anything special for it. I originally placed it at the very top of the tank, closest to the lights, but it moved down a bit. It seems really happy and takes any food I give it. Just make sure that the one you buy is really small. Mines just a bit larger than a quarter.

Well I don't really do anything special for it. I originally placed it at the very top of the tank, closest to the lights, but it moved down a bit. It seems really happy and takes any food I give it. Just make sure that the one you buy is really small. Mines just a bit larger than a quarter.

Hey thanks buddy!! Yeah I am looking for one of them small of course, and what type of light you have in your 4g , I have kessil 150w Ocean Blue and that is working really good my corals love it!!

Yeah. It took forever to fin a baby. And really, I only have the LEDs that came with it. There's 20 white and 2 blue. They surprisingly work pretty well. They're supporting a hydnophora so that's good.

Looks great. Can I see a pic of the full tank? I am looking for a small pico reef tank like this and what is the tank called? Sorry not trying to hijack at all

Yeah. It took forever to fin a baby. And really, I only have the LEDs that came with it. There's 20 white and 2 blue. They surprisingly work pretty well. They're supporting a hydnophora so that's good.

Finally i found a couple RBTA but they are a little to big like dollar coin! You thing that one of them will be good , i'm afraid to lose another anemone, the first was a little accident it got stuck at the outline of my canister filter!! And of course i will prepare the tank to cover all the in and out lines of my canister . So one more question how often do you do the water changes and how often you check the parameters, today i'll get a delivery of magnesium, strontium, iodine and another calcium water test!! I know than smalls aquarium is hardest to keep it, but i've been keeping mine for almost a year without lost more than 3 inhabitants in all this months. So will like to keep in touch with you to learn a little bit more from you in how to keep this kind of anemones!! I will appreciated that. Thank you buddy

I think that one will be fine. Just place te rock or whatever it is attached to at the highest point in the tank. Then let him move to wherever he wants. This might make me sound like a slacker, but I don't check parameters. I really just rely on the salt mix to add minerals and whatnot. I do however do a one cup water change a week. And every other day, I add a fourth cup if even that of freshwater to balance out the salt, which I do check. I've noticed that in a little tank like this one, salt like, "multiplies" if that even makes any sense. Say I measure the salinity at the beginning of the week and don't do anything with it until the next week, the salinity is way higher.

I think that one will be fine. Just place te rock or whatever it is attached to at the highest point in the tank. Then let him move to wherever he wants. This might make me sound like a slacker, but I don't check parameters. I really just rely on the salt mix to add minerals and whatnot. I do however do a one cup water change a week. And every other day, I add a fourth cup if even that of freshwater to balance out the salt, which I do check. I've noticed that in a little tank like this one, salt like, "multiplies" if that even makes any sense. Say I measure the salinity at the beginning of the week and don't do anything with it until the next week, the salinity is way higher.

The salinity is higher at the end of the week because the water evaporates. When water evaporates the salt and minerals are left behind. That's why you have to top it off with fresh water and not saltwater.

Looks great. Can I see a pic of the full tank? I am looking for a small pico reef tank like this and what is the tank called? Sorry not trying to hijack at all

Thank you! Here's your pics. One with day lights and one with moon lights. Waters a little low.

image-3968086192.jpg

image-1306604631.jpg

And just a few more random pics

image-2644121095.jpg

image-1535498921.jpg

image-619501338.jpg

Back
Top Bottom