First Sw Nano Reef 12 gallons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikachu0315

Aquarium Advice Freak
i was strolling in petsnart when they had a sale on tanks so i ordered a 12 gallon aquarium I've never seen before! so i was thinking i have freshwater how about sw? this may be boring :)

With salt water the smaller the tank that harder it is. You have less water volume so anything that goes wrong is much more intense then a larger system. Also water evaporates leaving you salinity higher so you always have to top off with fresh water.
Don't take this as me saying to not go for it, as long as you are ontop of your water quality you will be fine.

With salt water the smaller the tank that harder it is. You have less water volume so anything that goes wrong is much more intense then a larger system. Also water evaporates leaving you salinity higher so you always have to top off with fresh water.
Don't take this as me saying to not go for it, as long as you are ontop of your water quality you will be fine.

x2 on that! I'm very new and take readings every day. EVERY DAY! Water steady and the reef has begun in my 10g... Stick with it and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom