First Time Post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dvwgeofficial

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey Y'all

DVWGE here (pronounced Dodge, and yes it's a nickname) and just wanted to stop in and introduce myself.

I have been in the hobby for a little over three years. First ever fish was a 'freshwater' puffer that I impulse bought while looking at glofish. We all know how the first fish lesson with a difficult fish goes. But lesson learned and three years later, I am finally branching outside my comfort zone to try new things. My first 2.5 years I had a 29 gallon with a blue ram, a Betta, 4 Cory's, and a large handful of glofish danios. Unfortunately I moved about 6 months ago and had to re-home everyone because I have no space at my current place for a 29 gallon.

So now I have downsized to a 10 gallon tank, a 50 gal hob filter, with a Betta, 3 otos, 1 nerite, an African dwarf frog and a fluctuating colony of ghost shrimp (bounces between 7 and 13 shrimp between them breeding and my frog getting hungry here and there). Before any conclusions are jumped to I have a planted tank with plenty of anacharis, salvinia, an anubias and some el nino fern, and the bioload of my tank is well within desired parameters.

I plan on getting more into nano tanks for the future. Any advice for planted nano tanks? I'm really loving my 10g setup but would love something a little smaller for a desk. All advice is welcome.

I will post pics in the future, but right now I am experiencing a minor white algae bloom and am in the process of clearing it up.

Ciao

Back
Top Bottom