fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't do any water changes. I never have during a cycle and nothing went wrong. I would do a large water change when all you have are nirtAtes.

scottayy said:
I wouldn't do any water changes. I never have during a cycle and nothing went wrong. I would do a large water change when all you have are nirtAtes.

Ok. I will leave it alone then.

Looky what I got! $5.40 is what it cost. I decided to stop in at aquatropics since I was way over there anyway. Glad I did!

image-3563343584.jpg

Base rock for my DT. Live rock rubble for my HOB filter. Woot!

That's awesome! Your going to make a Refugium huh?? Sweet! You should get some really beneficial bacterial growth in there.

Huffers said:
That's awesome! Your going to make a Refugium huh?? Sweet! You should get some really beneficial bacterial growth in there.

Yeah. I was so impressed by the way my water cleared up when I put in the live rock you sent me that I decided to toss the filter cartridge and get some rubble.

Pictures!!

image-2364266163.jpg

rubble in the HOB. I removed the filter cartridge.

image-4174131108.jpg

Front view

image-1573703453.jpg

Side view

image-601714089.jpg

A snail. Possible a live snail. It was with the rubble. I imagine it will be dead soon if it was alive. My water params were less than ideal for living sea creatures this morning.

scottayy said:
That's a nice piece. Looks porous and lots of nooks and crannies.

I hope it grows lots of beneficial stuff on it. It was $1.99... Felt pretty heavy to me. Way less expensive than the tufa rock I bought last week or so.

Of course your could. I have my hamilton moonlight LED strip just glued up under my rim. I have yet to see the 3M double sized tape survive around water for hanging lightstrips so I just used my coral glue to get it up there.

Sniperhank said:
Of course your could. I have my hamilton moonlight LED strip just glued up under my rim. I have yet to see the 3M double sized tape survive around water for hanging lightstrips so I just used my coral glue to get it up there.

How do those work? A cord just goes off one end and plugs into the wall?

Sniperhank said:
Basically.

Well alright. I guess my other problem is I find 12in strips... My aquarium is 10"x10"... It may be time to watch some vids on YouTube and maybe make a light myself... :(

Nice! Sounds like things are starting to come together nicely! I normally have live rock rubble in my HOB filter also however right now I've been running Chemi-pure Elite in my filter. As for water changes I personally would do small water changes with your nitrites being so high. Eventually you will want to wait until they turn into nitrates as this signals the completing of the cycle. But that's just my opinion.

Anyone know why my plexiglass is flexing and making a gap? How do I remedy this?

Attachments

• image-1084153320.jpg
    image-1084153320.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 79
In so sick of looking up lights today. Maybe I'll just fill my tank with sun corals and not worry about a light. Blah. And I'm mad at my plexiglass lid. Who's in a bad mood right now? This gal.

If I remember right, you got the lid cuz your cat was drinking the saltwater, right? I might be wrong in that. Not sure if the plexiglass is bowing cuz of heat from The light? maybe LEDs would have less heat and help with that? That stinks cuz you did a great job on that lid!! :)

Back
Top Bottom