fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sniperhank said:
Well you're right. That is a pretty bleached nem. Mine doesn't even carry fancy stuff like that normally! Only clowns, a random 300 gallon fish, and condys. Once and awhile I'll find a gem, since I know when their fish arrive. Thats how I got my carpet nem.

Yeah. They had some real good looking court jesters. I want one sooo baaaad. Not for a time- that's what I keep telling myself. Anywho- I know their freshwater fish come in on Thursday. Salts might be tuesday. No idea on coral. I'll have to talk to the manager when it comes time to start getting livestock. It'd be nice if I could order something and pick up my stuff before it goes into their tanks. Downside of that is I won't get lucky and get a $30 fish for 10. I was looking at a saddleback clown fish once and asked the employee what it was. She said "that's an assorted blah blah". Which was a $5 or $10 fish. I was thinking to myself- "looks like some sort of clown but whatever you say I guess.". Too bad I wasn't in the market for a fire clown that day. LOL!

image-400152913.jpg

I reckon one of y'all oughta know what kind of snails these are.

Those are Nassarius. They come out at night, eat leftover food, sometimes cruise up the glass. My daughter loves that when they're in the sand, all you see is a little bit of a tube sticking out. They're cute. :)

Beengirl said:
Those are Nassarius. They come out at night, eat leftover food, sometimes cruise up the glass. My daughter loves that when they're in the sand, all you see is a little bit of a tube sticking out. They're cute. :)

Thanks! I'm going to get a few when my tank is done cycling.

And... I have done my first saltwater pwc. 2 gallons. Woot! Matched salinity as best I could and temp was off by 2 degrees. I need a new secondary heater. The one I have heats to 75ish. It's preset that way. My temp is at 78ish. So... There's that. Anywho- tested water afterwards. Here's what I got:

Ammo: .25-.50
Trites: 2.0
Trates: appx 30ppm

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Tank is coming along! Cant wait to see some live stock being added!

Me too. Hopefully petco gets the stuff I want when I'm ready to spend money. Aquatropics has a VERY limited selection of livestock. They had a couple poor looking coral and 5 or 6 fish. Blue tangs and angels... Not what I need! Lol!

Oh hey- could I put a bubble stone in my tank to aid with gas exchange instead of getting a little power head right now?

Bearchumjs said:
Oh hey- could I put a bubble stone in my tank to aid with gas exchange instead of getting a little power head right now?

That sounds ok for now. But get one soon, corals would need the flow!

Ok. It'll be awhile before I even have a light for corals. I'll make sure to get a PH before I put corals in there.

GAH!!!!! I just realized I forgot to buy the scrubby thingy for my filter yesterday and now my world is crashing down around me. I'm a terrible fish tank owner.... WOE IS ME. WOE. IS. ME.

I'm allowed to be dramatic. It's the first day of school.

I actually am bummed about it. I guess I'm going to have to make ANOTHER trip to the store.

I put in the air stone. So glad that I got a bunch of black tubing for 50% off the clearance price yesterday!

Attachments

• image-1755928193.jpg
    image-1755928193.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 82
  • image-2913130853.jpg
    image-2913130853.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 70
Omg... On Craigslist a guy is giving away live rock. If I get it can I just throw it in a bucket and save it for my big tank for whenever I get it up and running? I know it won't be live if it dries... But then I could buy liverock to seed the stored rock... No idea how much of it he has.

Sniperhank said:
Grab out up IMO. Tossing it in saltwater with a heater and Ph will have it ready and cycled for a new tank.

I would have to keep it in the water for months... I *might* be able to upgrade my 55 to saltwater next year.

It'd be ok if I let it dry out though right? It'd just be base rock and I could seed it with live rock when I do start a big reef tank, right?

idk, depends on the price
I wouldn't buy live rock just to let it dry and die
live rock is too valuable.

Back
Top Bottom