GoldieLocks 24gal Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you. Live Rock soon, that will really get this on the way! On the dry rock is from the site you recommended, mangroves and more. Order only on a tuesday and Wednesday with them though. The pieces are quite big! Only got three in!

You should ask the retailer next time to give you smaller rocks. Our sellers here in the states usually take requests. You can also bust up that base rock somewhat easily if you hit the right spot. :)

Thanks Carey for the tip. I did manage to break some of the rock, still seems quite big. When I order the live rock I will definitely request the right sizes :)

Yours is going to be awesome! Did I say I ordered a new powerhead? It's very snazzy. I can't remember which one, but it pushes 4000. It's keeping the water crystal clear. Tomorrow I am buying live rock, so it should be with me on Monday :) CANT WAIT

Not sure where abouts in the uk you are but if your near Wakefield (if not it's worth the drive!) I've found an excellent store it's won loads of awards, interfish it's called, now I've found it I won't go anywhere else! Massive selection of corals, fish and critters anything you need even choosing your own live rock pieces. Everything is so healthy and surprisingly cheaper than everywhere else.
Check it out on the web everyone from the UK.

Mj, I got some pink aragonite sand. It's on Mangroves and More. Steve, you should! It's all very exciting. My Little Ocean, thank you for the tip on the fish shop. I haven't been to Yorkshire before so maybe it will be a nice trip.

One VERY annoying thing has happened though... And I am SO ticked off!!!!! The hood has broke. I've emailed the company to see what they are going to do about it but I haven't heard from them yet. I just turned on the switch and BAM the whole thing went bang. Well, more like kaput! And now none of the lights will turn on or the light :( :( :(

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do if the company say they aren't liable?

Ermm......normal one. LOL. What's the difference? And I got a response the hood replacement is £49. And it is still covered on the warranty. So they will send a replacement one ASAP. Only problem is... I can't find the warranty. What exactly is the warranty? Just a piece of paper? I'm still young I don't know these things! lol

I only got instructions with mine no warranty, who did you contact in case I bump into this problem! A surge protection adaptor stops too much electricity entering your plugged in appliance, some things require less electricity than a normal socket puts out causing a surge in power blowing up devices lol! That's the only way I could describe it! I got a 10 socket individually switched surge protection extension down my local DIY store for £15. Hope this helps :)

I didn't think it came with a warranty either!! I thought I was being daft. I just contacted the store I got it from which was Aquatic Store. I've told them I don't have a warranty but would an email from them that they sent me confirming the details be enough. But I haven't had a reply yet.

I will keep you posted though Mj. It's a bummer though...

And thanks for the info on the surge plugs. I think I will get one if it avoids this situation.

Don't know how it works there. Here in the states a copy of the sales receipt is sufficient. Most just want proof of purchase with a sales date

Thanks Crabs and Mj. They will repair it for me, they didn't mind that I didnt have a warranty.

The only bummer is that they want me to ship the lid to THEM. Which will cost me around about £30... There's no point, but I will just bite my tongue and ship it.

I really need someone to convince me not to buy a fish right now. I'm getting that itchy feeling. HELP

Back
Top Bottom