GoldieLocks 24gal Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mjpendrey said:
Wow major update what's happening? U started your cycle?

Ohhh :( It didn't come. So much for next day delivery... It will be ordered on Tuesday now. So, till then! Lol. And Mum didn't get the shrimp. Lol.

Oh how poop! I was talking to the fishmonger the other day and I was like do you sell one shrimp? He said no what for and when I explained for my cycle and all I got was so your setting up a fishtail for a dead shrimp? Lol!

You can use pure ammonia to start the cycle dose to 6-8 ppm just be sure shake the bottle if it bubbles dont use it as it has junk in it you want pure ammonia

Hi! It's been a while since I last posted. I have live rock now.

I think my cycle has started. I need help with what's going on right now though.

Am: 0.25
Nitrate: it's either 50 or 100
Nitrite: 2

And these are tested with Salifert.

Can anyone tell me what stage I am at?

And these are the pictures, they are not very good though, I took them on my iPod

Attachments

• image-1718792455.jpg
    image-1718792455.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3783165675.jpg
    image-3783165675.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2951882556.jpg
    image-2951882556.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 109
  • image-3296217528.jpg
    image-3296217528.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 121
Apart from an absolutely gross worm...nothing. Well that I know of anyway. Lol :) I ordered it from Aquatics to your door. It's erm... It's okay. £9.50 per kg, so the cheapest around.

That's what I was getting but by the time iv paid postage I can get the same from my LFS and I will be able to pick my pieces might get it Saturday if I can get there, I remembered I had a loyalty card and with the years of keeping FW iv found out I have £80 to spend in points bonus!

Mjpendrey said:
That's what I was getting but by the time iv paid postage I can get the same from my LFS and I will be able to pick my pieces might get it Saturday if I can get there, I remembered I had a loyalty card and with the years of keeping FW iv found out I have £80 to spend in points bonus!

You are so fortunate! Gah! I want a loyalty card. Lol. I think my cycle is going okay, I haven't tested for a few days because I get a little impatient. Lol.

Hii! So, my Ma really wants a starfish, she keeps hugging me about getting one and she also says she will pay for...

I've done a little bit of research but not much, scared the sand sifting star fish will bury itself and die if there isn't enough food. The blue star fish is really pretty, but it seems like it needs a more mature tank.

Any body have any recommendations? I of course won't add it till I've finished my cycle and a bit after that as well.

My friend had one of those linkia starfish or whatever and it died after 3 months and he had a sand sifter that buried and died after a day but he's managed to keep a marble starfish for a year now :)

GoldieLocks1 said:
Hii! So, my Ma really wants a starfish, she keeps hugging me about getting one and she also says she will pay for...

I've done a little bit of research but not much, scared the sand sifting star fish will bury itself and die if there isn't enough food. The blue star fish is really pretty, but it seems like it needs a more mature tank.

Any body have any recommendations? I of course won't add it till I've finished my cycle and a bit after that as well.

You really need to wait on any starfish until your tank is at least six months mature.Regarding the sand sifting one,they don't even last long even in tanks that have been up and running for years,they always end up starving.

Thank you MJ.

Ricksreef: Thank you for the advice, I was a bit weary of getting a star fish. I will definitely wait it out. I don't think my sand bed is thick enough actually, it's only about 2 inches.

There's a little red star fish i think is suitable my lfs have them.
Ill ring th in the morning for a proper name for you.

Thanks Russ, Breezy and Greenturtle. Have any of you come across a Fromia Sea Star (Monilis)?

Mjpendrey said:
That's the one I think I'm getting the marble from is though!

No way! Where are you thinking of getting it from? I have never seen it in a fish store near me

Back
Top Bottom