Greenturtle's Biocube 29 Build Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greenturtle said:
Everything EXCEPT THE TANK came today. Skimmer, power head, heater, media bags, carbon, purigen, and chemipure elite.

Almost there! Maybe the tank will come on today!

Apparently the tank came today, but since it was over $200, someone needed to be there to sign for it. I guess that I'm getting it Monday. :/

Well, none of the stuff was supposed to get here until Tuesday-Friday because I got free shipping. At least I got the stand and supplies early so I could put everything together :)

Greenturtle said:
The tank came today, safe and sound :)

Congrats cant wait to watch this build. Considering joining the saltwater club myself and getting a 29 biocube. Anxious to hear your thoughts on this tank.

I have it all set up with freshwater, minus the skimmer. Should I have that on while I cycle or not? Also, should I have carbon, purigen, or chemipure elite in the tank while I cycle?

What types of algae are you using in your refugium? and are you putting the fuge light on the back glass square or the top of second chamber? Btw we will have very similar tanks haha i have 2 b&w ora clowns and a ora red male mandarin. Im sure it gonna look great!

I would run everything you intend to run regularly while you cycle. The skimmer will break in and the bacteria will grow on your filter media. :)

ErrolP said:
What types of algae are you using in your refugium? and are you putting the fuge light on the back glass square or the top of second chamber? Btw we will have very similar tanks haha i have 2 b&w ora clowns and a ora red male mandarin. Im sure it gonna look great!

I haven't actually started the fuge yet :/ I will use chaeto and caulerpa. If I can find a good light at petco I will try to put it on the second chamber.

On another note, I decided to not plan on getting the green clown goby, so just 4 planned fish. B&W clowns, a yellow watchman goby, and a spotted mandarin.

I haven't actually started the fuge yet :/ I will use chaeto and caulerpa. If I can find a good light at petco I will try to put it on the second chamber.

On another note, I decided to not plan on getting the green clown goby, so just 4 planned fish. B&W clowns, a yellow watchman goby, and a spotted mandarin.

Cool, oh don't forget to change your signature to I now have a Biocube, lol.

Back
Top Bottom