Hardy Corals you don't have to feed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

All_fish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The title says it all this is a 15 gallon tank with a nano light from reef breeder. I will be upgrading all equipment except light soon. Looking at zoas and mushrooms maybe?

Zoas are great and some of my favorites. Um shrooms, Duncan, hammer, frogspawn, green star polyps (invasive), Xenia (invasive), toadstools.

You don't have to feed any coral really except for stuff like non photosynthetic ones eg goniopora as long as you have sufficient light you can keep anything

Another question: does dry rock do anything to your parameters?

You don't have to feed any coral really except for stuff like non photosynthetic ones eg goniopora as long as you have sufficient light you can keep anything

Exactly. They get all they need from the lighting and water column. I have a 15 year old tank and never target fed any of them.

You mean like ammonia spikes? The only problem I've ever had with dry rock is sometimes they can leach phosphate.

Yes. That or other parameters. So I need to watch phosphate if I add some. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom