help choosing a nano tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would try 2 clowns 1 filamented flasher and a goby w/ symbiote shrimp.

You could have like 10 hermits and a bunch of snails actually, "clean up crew".

Sounds better. ;-) I think that 4 fish is good for the 29 cube. The CUC is pretty open, you don't really need alot but you don't really have a limit on those.

I would try 2 clowns 1 filamented flasher and a goby w/ symbiote shrimp.

You could have like 10 hermits and a bunch of snails actually, "clean up crew".

is there really a need for ten hermits ??? i was thinking like 3 maybe 4 ....2 banded coral shrimp....maybe a few snails.....

hows that for a clean-up crew ??

Trust me. I have 6 hermits in my 24 and I almost never see them, nor do they seem to do much. 10 hermits and a bunch of margarita snails and ceriths is your best bet as far as clean up crew goes. A few nassarius to stir the sand bed and actually eat some nasty worms in the sand. I have 10 ceriths 6 hermits and 4 nassarius and I'm going to buy 8 margaritas this week also.

But yea, the hermits are pretty unnoticeable. Peppermints are more helpful than coral bandeds IMO

When you do buy hermits, ask for spare shells. Otherwise they'll fight. Also, they usually give you shells that have snails in them because they don't notice them haha, so free snails :D

ok so would you be able to grow sps/anemone/clams with 144w cf upgrade for a 29 g cube ??

or do you need a 150 w halaide?? but with the halaide i thought you needed actnic bulbs to help coral grow ??

I say avoid nems in smaller tanks. If successful they really run the tank and grow quite large. I'd try to avoid clams under CF, though with 5 watts per gallons a Derasa clam should do good. And with halides, if it is a 20k halide bulb there is plenty of blue on its own.

Go for a 150w halide fixture over a 144 watt CF honestly. Then you would have enough light for anything. I have a Montipora in my 24g with stock 2x36 watt CF lights, but it is at the VERY top and water chemistry is as perfect as I think it's going to get.

ok thanks sar.....cause i was looking at the nanotunerz 144 upgrade but its 160 so only 40 bucks more and you can get a 150 w viper

so you would go 20k bulb ....

wheres the cheapest anyone has seen a JBJ K2 Viper 150w ??

marinedepot for $219

o i have been looking at two different types of lighting and cant figure out which one i should buy ???

1. is the jbj k-2 viper 150 w with a 14k $200

2. is a 150 w 14k pendant from fish need it;lights; food;Sponge $139 (with hanging kit/legs)

The k2 viper looks good and I've seen tanks with it. No idea how the fish need it one is. Safest best would be the K2 unless you can find a genuine review of the other.

Back
Top Bottom