I need some help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefsforme

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 6 gallon JBJ nano cube and it is all cycled. The 6 gallon JBJ nano cube has built in 50/50 compact 18 watt fluorescent light fixtures with a built in filtration that included a sponge, charcoal, carbon, and bio balls, and it is all run by a 80 g.p.h pump. It has 10 pounds of live sand, and around 5-7 pounds of live rock. The tank has been running for a month. The live rock is starting to get some purple and red coralline algae growth.

C.U.C. :
- Super Tongan Nassarius Snail
- Nerite Snail
- Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crab
- Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab
- Small Hawaiian Feather Duster

Water Parameters :
Ammonia : 0 p.p.m.
Nitrates : 0 p.p.m.
Nitrites : 0 p.p.m.
pH : 8.2
Specific Gravity : 1.024

My Questions :

- How long will it take for the coralline algae to spread through all the rocks?

- Should I change my filtration to a more natural way with live rock rubble, macro algae, and carbon, or keep it the way it is, or any other ideas?

- I will want to have corals in it, and 1 fish, should I purchase the fish first and then the corals, or the other way around, or what do you suggest?

- I will get a 2 - 3 gallon quarantine tank, what should be in it, any sand, rock, c.u.c., or what?

Thank you for all your help in advanced.

Fish first, then wait a month and get coral. For the coraline it varies from system to system. I have had my tank up for about three and a half months and the coraline is just now starting to grow.

Back
Top Bottom