journy to sw nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xxwolfpackof1xx said:
back to my question ii don't mind you guys getting a little ot because i learn alot from it but

1 how much do you thing a tank bread true perc would run

2 whats the best way to acclimate

3 is it better to get as a baby((i hipe

1 No idea, sorry

2 I would say probably drip Acclimation.

3 I don't know. I haven't found this out in my research yet.

As iDream said, true percs get up to 3-3.5" and possibly 4". To big for your tank. An occelaris is about your only option for clowns. Drip acclimation is fine, although I just did a simple version of adding about 1/2 cup of tank water to the bag every 15 minutes until the bag was full for fish and everything worked fine for me, inverts are more sensitive though, and thus drip is needed. Getting a small one isn't a bad idea as it will be easier on the bioload in a new tank. How fast they grow is pretty much dependant on the fish and its diet.

they only have the true perc if i remember correctly shippings $35 for the overnight or two day and the small tank bread false perc is 14.99 so id basically be paying $50 if i asked my lfs to order it would it be better?

Have your LFS order it then. Double check your LFS, ocellaris are commonly labeled "False Percula" or just "Percula" True percs will have more black than your typical ocellaris which will just have a thin black bar between the orange and white.

Probably a little more than LA, because they get large shipments of fish thus the shipping price from where ever they get it is spread out amongst all the fish and you pay a bit more to cover the shipping and they still make a profit.

I know I'm going to get one young purely because I want to raise it myself

All in all wolf I would buy my fish locally. You can actually see and pick out the one you want and you save on shipping. if you were going to be getting a bunch of fish at once then the maybe the shipping would pay off. I'm only gonna order online cause I have that $30 gift certificate from when i bought my cube.

I say even if the fish is $25 locally you will spend more than that if ordering. i would definitley ask at the store if he can special order stuff, I asked and the guy said sure why not, as long as it's not something completely bizarre. lol

Back
Top Bottom