journy to sw nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes you should dose it back up. Some suggest 2ppm, some 4ppm. Re-dosing shouldn't stall unless you over-dose. And you know if you don't re-dose then the BB will eventually die.
For your FW tank, get more neons. They prefer groups.

I agree with jenatron, re dose up to at least 2ppm. I went to 4ppm when i did mine. You can use that small syringe i sent you to dose the ammonia. :)

i want more neons but petsmarts stock of them is allways lack luster about how many ml would you say 2ppm is I'm thinking 2-3ml

It all depends on the concentration of the ammonia you have. Add a couple drops then test. You can always add more.

Yes I agree, remember the readings are in parts per million adding even the tiniest amount will raise the level.

I say add a drop or two, wait an an hour, and test. Like Jen said, you can always add more

Well, I used an ammonia/fishless cycling calculator and it says ~1mL would bring it around 2-3 ppm. BUT there is debate as to whether or not these are accurate. (That's my disclaimer :lol:)

i just dropped a shrimp in for my cycle one jumbo shrimp didnt feel like doing all the dosing

As long as you don't go overboard with the ammonia you prob won't need any salt til the big pwc you before adding creatures. :)

Back
Top Bottom