LED lighting opinion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bige

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was going to get a HQI light from nanotuners and someone suggested the new led retro kits.
Nanotuners.com - Nanotuners.com

Does anyone know or have experience with this? It looks good and gives off less heat. It is also cheaper. I like new stuff so I thought I would get some thoughts.

I do not have that fixture, but I do have LED's and I have to say I really love them, they have a high output, low heat and good color.

I was in houston this past weekend and my friend and his friend both own fish stores. They both had set up DIY led tanks. They are going to throw clams, anemones, hard and soft coral and basically experiment to see what will grow and what wont. Hopefully by christmas I will be able to report their findings. If they work out for them then I am going to get them for my tank.

I have them and love them! Not cheap, but the heat is minimal and the color is good!

Bruce

They are going to throw clams, anemones, hard and soft coral and basically experiment to see what will grow and what wont.

y would they do such a thing :0 lol jk. I think led lighting sounds really cool although I haven't had the chance to try them yet. I heard they also use less electricity, is tht true?

I have mostly a FOWLR but my fungia coral and my mushrooms do very well. At the LFS they have both SPS and LPS thriving under the lights.

Bruce

I ordered the lights. I will have to rebuild hood so that will be fun. All LEDs. Will post pics and show progress in another thread.

As long as patent laws don't kill it first like in the past.

I ordered the lights. 30 LEDs. The drivers are failing so I am just waiting. Nanocustums.com said they want it right. I do to. They have ordered new drivers to be in January. This is the 3rd set they have ordered. As soon as I get them I will post a build thread. It will be fun. The waiting is killing me.

Back
Top Bottom