My 28g Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quick update. Got a CUC that is doing very well. Soon the fun will begin and I will be able to get fish/corals

Im in the process of cycling my 29 gallon bio cube, I'm having the same problems with the green bubble algae. I've scraped my rocks clean and ordered some Mexican red legged hermits to take care of the rest. I'll let you know how it goes.

When you scrape bubble algae off rocks it usually breaks open the bubble releasing hundreds if not thousands of new bubble algae spores into your system. The best way to do it by hand is with a scalpel (you can buy these at Walmart at the pharmacy section) and some 1/4 hose. Just cut the base off and suction it out with the hose as close to what your cutting off just in case you pop the bag. Also Mexican red legs are primarily scavengers and probably won't touch the bubble algae at all. If they do touch any algae it would be hair algae before anything. But thats only if they're starving and have already gone through your supply of snails. I've had more problems with them eating my snails than doing their actual jobs. If you want something that loves bubble it would be a green emerald crab.

Time for a update...Heres a little video I took real quick. Have 2 clown fish and my first coral which is a pulsing xenia. Hope you enjoy.

Those clows don't seem to get along :/ Love the shrimp...very active haha

I just fed them during this video and the one is showing dominance over the other. They are both new to the tank so Im sure they are figuring their role out still. Im giving them time to do this, no harm has been done besides some chasing around.

Thanks guys. Just added a torch and a tyree green toadstool. Ill get some pics up

Torch
img_1851993_0_c0422b65b9fb33fa133d6e2009d835c3.jpg

Tyree Green Toadstool
img_1851993_1_5b1b9801c8ba1d59d91fcbc442db0946.jpg

I really need to get a nice camera, its on the to do list.

Those clows don't seem to get along :/ Love the shrimp...very active haha

Clownfish will usually fight for the first few weeks when introduced to a tank together. One will eventually become the dominant femal and the other the male. Youll know the change is complete when one gets bigger than the other and they tend to follow each other around every where. Your tan klooks good by the way for just starting out.

is the stand that comes with the 28gal nano cube stable enough? any issues with it?

11f150 said:
I think its real stable and have had no issues at all, I think its pretty nice imo

Thanks! Now i can have some peace of mind.

Few new frags today, havent decided where they are going to go yet. More or less letting them get use to the tank lighting then Ill move them higher up.

I'm guessing your talkin about the birds nest and staghorn on bottom? If so high light and high flow. And surprised your doing sps so soon. also try to keep them out of the sand while acclimating them to your light as the Sand could potentially cause the bottom polyps to die and bleach off.

I'm guessing your talkin about the birds nest and staghorn on bottom? If so high light and high flow. And surprised your doing sps so soon. also try to keep them out of the sand while acclimating them to your light as the Sand could potentially cause the bottom polyps to die and bleach off.

Yeah I was giving them a day before I put them high in the tank. I have a local reef club and got the frags from a member for a insane price so Im giving them a shot.

Back
Top Bottom