My First Saltwater Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update Day 3

Got the rest of my live rocks

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394842423.399662.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394842423.399662.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 98
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394842497.434214.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394842497.434214.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 95
Did you add an ammonia source? Im not sure if I missed that? You most likely will not find much of a spike in parameters as you started with all live rock. You only need to test for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate during your cycle, nothing else needd to be eetsted, even the ph.
You can bust up some of those rocks too with a towel wrapped around a rock and a hammer, maybe get a few smaller pieces for your small inverts to eventually call home.
I have had several pairs of clownss and non host anything. i had one set that hosted an elegance coral, but so badly I had to rehome the coral, they almost killed it.
I like the possuum wrasse idea or even that orange striped goby above, he is adorable. lol
I'd concentrate more on the corals and inverts than fish in a tank that size. But you can make it look amazing, you'd be surprised how great such a small tank can look. :)

Not sure I'm pretty sure it's about 12lbs a little over 10 lbs. I added some fish food pellets also just in case, will that work? I would like to break the rocks up, just wasn't sure if I could. I also decided to poor some of the water from the tank at the store with the rock if that helps.

Also I tested the salinity and it was 1.208. Should I add water?

1.208? That's extremly high unless you mean 1.028 then that's alright 1.025 is like the norm for reef tanks

Should I add water or leave it alone

Don't have unit but I have API tap water conditioner so I'll use my tap

I'd get a unit as fast as you can.

I did a test on two tanks, one conditioned tap water, one RO/DI.
The tap water didn't fail, but the RO/DI parameters were much better.
Although, my tap water has extra filtration, that we installed a long time ago.

If your using tap be prepared for algae problems down the road. And also hope there's no copper in the water

I personally, have never had problems with algae in tap water. It is very common. I used 4 conditioners, when I didn't have RO/DI and I was fine.

I STILL WOULDN'T RECOMMEND IT. Just because I did well, doesn't mean you will.

Test your tap water for Nitrates, Phos, and Copper.

Ok if I can purchase it made already that's good ill pick some up

Back
Top Bottom