My First Saltwater Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Id go with a par38 over those strips anyday. The strips are usually for accent light not growing coral. BUT if you are in the $100 orice range anyways I'd look into the aquatrader 4 bulb t5's. I know you have to replace the bulbs but in my experience i did much better with t5's over my par38's. You get a better light, stronger and it covers the whole tank, You also can get different bulbs and adjust the color of the tank from white white to blue blue or even with some purple coloring.

Ok I guess that's the light I'll get in a week or two

Why do you regret breaking things up? There is some great potential with those rocks! I can see making some great caves and crevices with them. Get your arms in there and fiddle with them. Just make sure they are sturdy!

Just doesn't look natural ill work on it more though.

Keep playing with it, no one ever gets the scape they like on the first try. I've always been a fan of the 2 islands look, others like the bridged look, so look at some other members tanks and look at how they have there rock work and see what you like. Also you want to give yourself about 2" between the rock and the glass so you have room to clean/work

That's true or maybe one big island look in the center With holes through out it.

I like how your rocks height is low and doesn't stretch up to the light, more of a clean look.

Thanks. I tried to get a couple nice flat pieces to put coral onto. And then made two bridges.

Thanks, I got the black sand just to be different lol

I have done changed my scape like 5 times and I'm sure I will change 5 mor times till I like it lol just keep workin with it u will get it how u like it!!!

Day 5

Have my salinity down to a 1.025

Tested ammonia and it is 0.25 to 0.50

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395003646.525512.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395003672.824237.jpg

Should I test anything else yet?

Back
Top Bottom