New biocube 29!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Armoredspider

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got a biocube 29 for Christmas, i have taken out the bioballs and have put a heater in compartment one. Is there anything else I should do before adding water? I added sand already. How long does a cycle usually take?

I just got a biocube 29 for Christmas, i have taken out the bioballs and have put a heater in compartment one. Is there anything else I should do before adding water? I added sand already. How long does a cycle usually take?

A cycle usually takes between 2-6weeks! Depends on how you do it! :) I'm so jealous! I want a Biocube so bad !!!

I would do your rock work first then add your sand. Reason being is... If you get a fish or invert that like to dig or siphon it can result in a unstable condition and cause rocks to loosen or fall.

Also have you checked out inTank's video? Or there website?

InTank's video

http://youtu.be/BWsOVpA3FJQ

Check out my pics in my profile, I have a bio cube 29 and LOVE it.

If I can be of any help just let me know

Dino

Just 2 of my videos

http://youtu.be/Q5rvPy396ho

http://youtu.be/lKZ9Jx4Gnnc

Thanks for the replies guys! I will probably get the 180$ (eek!) of rock today or tomorrow. Then I will post some pics. Convict, how did you make your tank it looks amazing! Is there any way I could upgrade to the media rack later, or would that mess up the cycle? Also my lfs told me the stock lights could handle torch, frogspawn, and hammer coral. Is this true? I was told before the lights were only good for softies.

Thanks for the replies guys! I will probably get the 180$ (eek!) of rock today or tomorrow. Then I will post some pics. Convict, how did you make your tank it looks amazing! Is there any way I could upgrade to the media rack later, or would that mess up the cycle? Also my lfs told me the stock lights could handle torch, frogspawn, and hammer coral. Is this true? I was told before the lights were only good for softies.

Thanks for the kind words. It took ALOT of work and trial and error but since then, it's been smooth running (knock on wood) if you could, I'd set up your filtration now whatever your gonna use. If you take it all out and add a new filtration your more then likely going to cause a mini cycle BUT that may NOT happen and doesn't all the time. I'm just giving you all the scenarios.

What lights came with your BC29 the power compacts or the HQI?

My tank is pretty much modded out, lights, upgraded pump, inTank's media rack, cut the tab from chamber 1&2 to allow for better flow.

I run 1 MP10 with an upgraded pump (maxi jet 1200)

Thanks for the kind words. It took ALOT of work and trial and error but since then, it's been smooth running (knock on wood) if you could, I'd set up your filtration now whatever your gonna use. If you take it all out and add a new filtration your more then likely going to cause a mini cycle BUT that may NOT happen and doesn't all the time. I'm just giving you all the scenarios.

What lights came with your BC29 the power compacts or the HQI?

My tank is pretty much modded out, lights, upgraded pump, inTank's media rack, cut the tab from chamber 1&2 to allow for better flow.

I run 1 MP10 with an upgraded pump (maxi jet 1200)

Mine is the new cube model but not an hqi. There was no tab in the back of mine to cut out. It has power compact/ led bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom